Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
JohnMD

Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

Post by JohnMD » 14 Jun 2013, 10:31

I have a problem with this aircraft when I try to use the shift key to cycle through the views, it just freezes up completely and then a CTD, and it also the same with the Antonov AN-2, is this a problem inherent with these aircraft models, and is it be possible to be fixed, or is it something else, I have not encountered this problem before and do not have it with any of my other aircraft, if you are able to help it would be appreciated.

regards

John MacDonald

Order 5013092647 : Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

Order 5008995245 : Antonov An-2 June 06, 2013

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog

Post by Alex » 14 Jun 2013, 10:55

Could you please send your %appdata%\microsoft\fsx\dll.xml to support@sibwings.com
I don't know how to check it now, you are first who report about CTD while view switching. We'll try to find solution.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

JohnMD

Post by JohnMD » 14 Jun 2013, 12:04

I have had a look in the area where you suggested, and will send you what I have and see what you make of it.
It is not just the views, when I use the shift key plus a number to cycle through to get the GPS, or radios, or AP or something else, it does the same, very strange, locks the whole thing up and then CTDs.
dll.xml
(12.86 KiB) Downloaded 228 times
regards

John MD

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 14 Jun 2013, 12:56

Could you please do some test?
Here is simple dll.xml file with only our module declaration
dll.xml
(445 Bytes) Downloaded 300 times
Could you please move your dll.xml in safe place, and save our dll.xml in %appdata%\microsoft\fsx\ folder, after that try to fly on An-2 in default scenery. (All other modules would be disabled)
And check for CTD.
If it does not continue, it is a problem of compatibility with other modules.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

JohnMD

Post by JohnMD » 14 Jun 2013, 14:21

I tried with that DLL. you sent me but it is exactly the same, as soon as I use shift plus a number to scroll through from the VC it locks the whole aircraft up, freezes the screen and then shuts down.

I am not sure how we can fix this

John MD

JohnMD

Post by JohnMD » 15 Jun 2013, 08:39

Alex,,

Don't ask me how I resolved this Dll.xml issue, but what I did do, was to completely uninstall everything, I went through all the files and binned them, and then I reinstalled the Antonov AN-2 and Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog, and it seems to be working fine now for both aircraft, why it occurred beats me, never had it before, very strange, so using the shift key and numbers now works fine in the VC or outside the aircraft.
If I have any other problems or this comes back again I will let you know, but I also found out how to get rid of the excessive smoke on the Antonov, without removing the effects files, and that is to open the cowl flaps to 100%, and it stops billowing smoke out of the back of the aircraft.
This might help some of the other folk that were having this problem.
I haven't been able to get rid of that noisy ADF indication beeper so far, other than removing the sound file itself, maybe you might come up with a fix for that later on.
So thank you for all your help,

regards

John MD