Pitts Special!

CBris

Re: Pitts Special!

Post by CBris » 06 Aug 2010, 00:58

Hmmm, OK, easy on the clipped wings, but as there are so many Pittses out there now, how about going slightly off track and doing either the Challenger variant (Sean Tucker's display plane, or the yellow Bulldog or that lovely Turkish display plane.

Yes, I know they are clipped. But as I say, there are already a fair few Pittses out there already now. You don't want to sell the same old stuff as everyone else already.

You might even consider the radial engined Pitts 12.
Chris B, aka "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime
Follow me on Facebook too

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 06 Aug 2010, 01:17

Well... we''ll do our best to be better in details. :roll:

Clipped wings, I promise, I'll check this possibility... anyway it isn't so easy as it maybe seems - different exterior+interior+ FD for sure...

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

CBris

Post by CBris » 06 Aug 2010, 07:15

Oh yes, I appreciate the work involved - I've tried making GMax models and realise how hard it can be.

But of course, the Sibwings name doe usually mean something special.

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 05 Sep 2010, 21:34

Some progress...

I do believe beta testing will be open in September.
pitts_5.jpg
pitts_5.jpg (306.45 KiB) Viewed 25635 times
pitts_6.jpg
pitts_6.jpg (428.53 KiB) Viewed 25635 times
Andrey

CBris

Post by CBris » 05 Sep 2010, 21:37

That looks excellent! You might just have pulled me off the Eagle - for a while...

What engine variations?

Drop by my blog sometime

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 05 Sep 2010, 22:06

CBris wrote: What engine variations?
What do you mean ?

Now we plan to do 4-5 variants of exterior+interior mdls

Couple S-1 and couple S-2 with so or so difference, engine... base on reality - Lycoming four cylinders :)

Andrey

CBris

Post by CBris » 05 Sep 2010, 22:32

well, there are a few six-pot Pittses out there and I am getting permission to do the Pitts Viper (the copyright holder said yes - with conditions) - this one has a 400 HP six-pot engine and the real one is a Pitts, not an Eagle.
Attachments
dawna.jpg
dawna.jpg (32.89 KiB) Viewed 25624 times

Drop by my blog sometime

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 06 Sep 2010, 03:20

Well, there might be "many Pitts's out there", cbris, but there are no good ones. I think I have every one that's made, but the IRIS Eagle is the best of the bunch, with very good flight dynamics, realistic sound.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

CBris

Post by CBris » 06 Sep 2010, 08:08

I was referring to real world Pitts' - but I wholeheartedly agrre with you about sim-world Pitts.

As you say - the best sim-Pitts so far is the Eagle (I'll say both the LIC And the IRIS versions)

Drop by my blog sometime

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 06 Sep 2010, 18:27

Yeah, I agree with you: in fact I still used the fs9 Eagle into FSX until IRIS rebuilt it, as I really missed this one. Beautiful FD and pretty much my favourite for aerobatics. I also purchased the Icarus Gold S-2 a year or so back, but it was awful: poor graphics, particularly the cockpit; bad sound, and the FD was abysmal, to the point of being almost unflyable.
The newest addition is the Addictive Simulations S-T version: graphics are quite good, but there's something wrong with how it flies. Initially there were one or two flyers on their site that heaped praises on it, as being fully aerobatic - within the limitations of its 200 hp engine - just as the 200 hp r/w Pitts S-T is, but I think it was a hurried opinion, and more based upon inexperience and an inclination to paint a positive picture about a first release by a new developer company.
Another fellow experienced the same issues I have with it, and we made three or four posts about the problems we were experiencing, but it's difficult to criticize another fliers opinion of a new aircraft, particularly when they defensively claim that the model has been tested by r/w pilots, and quoting that the IRIS Eagle is being "unrealistic" and made to fly easily, so that we sim flyers can handle it. This is not the case with an aerobatic aircraft: they are made precisely such that for every twitch of the stick - the aircraft will perform an extremely predictable and precise response.
David has recently released a service pack for it - including three aircraft configs: one "easy" one "normal" and one "hard". I've tried all of them, but it's not fixed by any means: There have been very few posts there for about a week or so - none on the flight model subject, so I suspect that it's not only me that feels this way. I fear it will be another hangar queen.

Anyway - I digress: I am sure that Andray and Alex will do justice to the SW Pitts, and am looking forward to it's release.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

mos

Post by mos » 11 Sep 2010, 04:27

Anyway - I digress: I am sure that Andray and Alex will do justice to the SW Pitts, and am looking forward to it's release.[/quote]

"and am looking forward to it's release"

Ditto to that :grin:

mos

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 13 Sep 2010, 22:09

Progress...
pitts_9.jpg
pitts_9.jpg (214.17 KiB) Viewed 25483 times
Power of detail:
pitts_8.jpg
pitts_8.jpg (121.87 KiB) Viewed 25483 times
pitts_7.jpg
pitts_7.jpg (118.89 KiB) Viewed 25483 times
I see topic became pretty popular :) Stay turned ;)

Andrey

CBris

Post by CBris » 13 Sep 2010, 22:27

The usual standard of excellence in the 'pit. Will the fuel level pipes work as for real, i.e. with thefule level dropping?

Drop by my blog sometime

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 13 Sep 2010, 23:06

CBris wrote: Will the fuel level pipes work as for real, i.e. with thefule level dropping?
We are looking for solution :) Btw if some one could help with video of fuel meter behavior in flight it will be very helpful.

Andrey

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 07 Oct 2010, 22:39

Couple progress screens:

pitts_13.jpg
pitts_13.jpg (242.07 KiB) Viewed 25317 times
pitts_12.jpg
pitts_12.jpg (254.61 KiB) Viewed 25317 times
pitts_11.jpg
pitts_11.jpg (223.97 KiB) Viewed 25317 times
comments are welcome,
Andrey

CBris

Post by CBris » 07 Oct 2010, 23:21

Big thumbs up on the appearance. But what are the flight dynamics like? I have it on good authority that the Pitts flies as if on rails.

Drop by my blog sometime

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 07 Oct 2010, 23:30

CBris wrote:Big thumbs up on the appearance. But what are the flight dynamics like? I have it on good authority that the Pitts flies as if on rails.
I plan to start negotiations with Alexander M. Metzger next week, very important thing to find real Pitts pilot who know FSX... still can't...

Andrey

CBris

Post by CBris » 07 Oct 2010, 23:43

So you aren't interested in my Pitts Pilot then? He might not be able to fly the sim, but I can ask questions...

Drop by my blog sometime

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 07 Oct 2010, 23:54

CBris wrote:So you aren't interested in my Pitts Pilot then? He might not be able to fly the sim, but I can ask questions...
Well in deed I find one man who are pilot and owner (but far from FSX) up to this moment he discovered all questions I had.
Besides is http://www.biplaneforum.com/ where we can find answer on any Pitts question for sure :)
My topic "looking for pilot"

Andrey

TreetopFlyer

Post by TreetopFlyer » 08 Oct 2010, 00:19

does this mean you are professionally supported in things like Flight Dynamics and he´s an possible source for soundfiles now?

that would be great.

Max
kind regards

Max

in thrust we trust