canadian pilot flying an american reg.

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
chet two wolves

canadian pilot flying an american reg.

Post by chet two wolves » 10 Jul 2010, 04:22

Dear Sirs>First i want to say the update is outstanding,Also want to say sorry for losing my temper.I want to say the upgrade works perfect.The only thing i see is a canadian pliot in a american reg aircraft. Is there a way of putting an american pilot ,in the american reg.Silver and red.Again sorry for some things i wrote.
Chet Two Wolves .

CBris

Re: canadian pilot flying an american reg.

Post by CBris » 10 Jul 2010, 08:41

Chet, if one of the other "dogs" has a pilot you prefer, then you can copy the pilot textures from that model to the the appropriate version of your choice.

Remember to backup the originals of course.
Chris B, aka "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime
Follow me on Facebook too

chet two wolves

Post by chet two wolves » 10 Jul 2010, 13:09

Hello.CBris.I tryed to moveing pilot textures to the sliver and red,did'nt work.Maybe there is another way.Thank you for trying help me sir.Chet Two Wolves

CBris

Post by CBris » 10 Jul 2010, 13:19

OK, then you are probably hoping that the model itself is moved? That is more or less a "no go" I'd guess, since that will involve the 3D model and I know that most model developers don't want all that extra work (which apparently it is).

Looking at the textures, there are two sets - pilot.dds and pilot4.dds The one is for a pilot with helmet and the other for a pilot without. Basically if the model you want to change has a helmet, then you can only use the "helmet pilot" textures and vice versa. Looking at the models, it looks like there are three pilot types - helmet, bare headed and wearing a base cap. You can't do much about the headgear - that's fixed as you see them. If you change textures, you'll only have joy when you change textures between pilots of the same type.
Chris B, aka "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime
Follow me on Facebook too

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 10 Jul 2010, 19:05

Hello guys!

Thank you for kind words, thanks for critics :)

In deed something was missing and I left Canadian flag (btw such registration can't exist in reality as users says so +one more bug :))

Chris is correct but not on 100% There are different models. Pilot.dds and Pilot4.dds it's for pilot and copilot (you can call for copilot in every model by ctrl+shift+4 from VC)

Okay so please unzip archive attached into your
F:\FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\SibWings_Cessna_BirdDog_A\texture.NA42AF\
replacing existed files.

Have fun!

Andrey
Attachments
texture.NA42AF_pilots.zip
(536.1 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

chet two wolves

Post by chet two wolves » 11 Jul 2010, 04:16

Hello .Andrey thanks for the pilot texture.Worked perfect.Again thank you andrey.May The Four Winds Always be with you.Chet Two Wolves