2 questions

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
franco

2 questions

Post by franco » 27 Sep 2006, 16:35

I am a new SAFIR 91 customer and I need to know in which way I can close or open the window sunshade hoods, if I have not a mouse with the wheel .
Then I opened the back right window but , when opened, I cannot close it again since the shackle is no more visible and clickable. Where can I find the knob?
The final question : is SWlab prepearing a second patch ? It seems that the VOR problems and erratic gyrocompass are still issues to be resolved (or may be I need to know latest suggestions to solve the troubles).

Thanks to all the SAAB 91 community

Sincerely from Italy

Franco

Alex
Site Admin

Re: 2 questions

Post by Alex » 27 Sep 2006, 19:27

franco wrote:I am a new SAFIR 91 customer and I need to know in which way I can close or open the window sunshade hoods, if I have not a mouse with the wheel .
Then I opened the back right window but , when opened, I cannot close it again since the shackle is no more visible and clickable. Where can I find the knob?
The final question : is SWlab prepearing a second patch ? It seems that the VOR problems and erratic gyrocompass are still issues to be resolved (or may be I need to know latest suggestions to solve the troubles).
1. You can move sunshade hoods only with a Mouse Wheel.
2. Move your eyepoint so that you can see the door handle. Or use shortcuts for open/close doors:

Code: Select all

[SHIFT + E] - Pilot Door
[SHIFT + E then 2] - CoPilot Door
[SHIFT + E then 3] - Passenger Door
3. We are planing update2. But I didn't get any feedback about gyrocompass after update1. I think this problem was solved in update1. If you have any prolems, please, describe them in details.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

6297J

Post by 6297J » 27 Sep 2006, 19:27

You don't 'open' the back window, you jettison it! Once it's gone you have to land and go and look for it :wink:

frihjul92

Post by frihjul92 » 27 Sep 2006, 23:20

My gyro compasses still continually rotate, but now both in the same direction,now resorted to caging them.

William

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 27 Sep 2006, 23:31

frihjul92 wrote:My gyro compasses still continually rotate, but now both in the same direction,now resorted to caging them.
William
It's a feature !!!
Directional gyro will break if you bank more then 90 degree.
Please, lock gyro instruments before aerobatics !

8)
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

snave

Post by snave » 28 Sep 2006, 08:38

As Alex says, welcome to another first in flight simulation. Instruments that actually do things lile real aircrafrt instruments. Compasses do rotate, DG's do tumble.

The difference here is you can cage them, then release them and they reset themselves,. It's not always that easy in the real world! :D
Simon Evans

franco

Post by franco » 28 Sep 2006, 11:00

Fantastic ! I released incidentally the upper window just to check . Results : one virtual cow killed by the falling ceiling window in a Swiss Alps field :oops: :P

Knorren

Post by Knorren » 28 Sep 2006, 21:52

6297J wrote:You don't 'open' the back window, you jettison it! Once it's gone you have to land and go and look for it :wink:
You can open two small windows on the windscreen (even when airborne, excellent to use if a pax takes of his old boots inside the plane.....) ;), the two main exit windows (which you also can "jettison" in case of an emergency") and then you can open the passenger exit window (RH side only, which you also can "jettison" in case of an emergency") :)

So in KVZ you have 3 normal exits even though it is a four seater ;)
Regards
/Johan
Proud Pilot of KVZ and LAZ
http://www.f15fk.se
http://www.fcfk.com/fcfk/

franco

Post by franco » 02 Oct 2006, 10:48

YES , I DID but while the Artificial Horizon is easily lockable using the knob, I cannnot lock the Gyrocompass , that become herratic after a steep turn or a looping. Than it remains unserviceable. Which is the right way to lock it ? The knob does not lock it at all. :roll:

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 02 Oct 2006, 13:13

Click Mouse Wheel on the knob or click on indicator line.
See picture below...
Attachments
Snap2.gif
Snap2.gif (38.19 KiB) Viewed 11380 times
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

SuredT

Post by SuredT » 02 Oct 2006, 16:18

Hello Alex,

I also thought it was still a bug.
I tried to lock the DG in the Safir D version, but I cannot find the method how to do it.
Clicking (right or left) on the knob only turns the Gyro.
How do I lock it?

Why is it that in the HB-DBL the gyro keeps functioning normal while doing aerobatics?

Regards, Sjoerd

SuredT

Post by SuredT » 02 Oct 2006, 18:46

Found it! When clicking the mouse wheel with my Logitech MX700 mouse I get a special feature of this mouse.
When clicking the mousewheel of a no name mouse I can cage the gyro.

Nice feature!

Regards, Sjoerd

franco

Post by franco » 03 Oct 2006, 11:30

Thank you Steve. The Gyrocompass also is locked now for aerobatics 8)
Now I'll buy a new mouse with wheel because the sun is too strong, I forgot my cap at home and I am not very hairy :oops: so I badly need the sunshade hoods