Bugs

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
Fooble

Bugs

Post by Fooble » 04 Feb 2007, 00:37

Hello.

I bought the Safir about a month ago, and I have to say it is quite an aircraft. The attention to detail is fantastic and the flight model is amazing.
Definately the best model so far in my hangar.

However there still are a few, in my opinion, quite annoying bugs/issues which I thought I'd better point out since a second update doesn't seem to be anywhere near... or is it?

Everybody already knows about the inverted VOR in HB-DBL so I won't mention it any further. However the needle could be placed closer to the background of the instrument to eliminate parallax errors when looking at it from an angle.

The VSI in HB-DBL (don't know about the others) seems to be completely off. When climbing at an indicated rate of 500 fpm the actual climb rate seems to be closer to at least twice that. It does appear to show the correct speed when descending though.

The Directional Gyro doesn't line up with the correct heading when pressing 'D' to compensate for gyro drift. And since the neither the compass nor the DG shows the exact heading when hovering the mouse over them, it becomes quite painful to realign it when it drifts.

The EGT/CHT indicator in HB-DBL counts five cylinders... hmm. :)

That's about it for now. Thanks again for a great aircraft and I'd love to see those bugs fixed someday.

// Marcus

Hakan_Olsson

Post by Hakan_Olsson » 03 Mar 2007, 22:58

Hi Marcus,

Have you downloaded and installed the update in the freeware section?
It takes care of most of your remarks.

Hälsningar,

Fooble

Post by Fooble » 04 Mar 2007, 20:50

Yes, I have the update installed. The observations mentioned above are with the update and when flying HB-DBL or any repaint for it.

Hakan_Olsson

Post by Hakan_Olsson » 04 Mar 2007, 22:18

I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the whole package. there seems to be something wrong.
My VOR and directional gyro works just fine after the update and I guess that the fifth cylinder on the EGT/CHT indicator shows ambient temperature (OAT) which can useful at times.

The VSI is a bit fishy though , I agree that it shows almost twice the climb rate but it seems to be very precise in a descent.

Hoppas att det löser sig

Best regards,

Fooble

Post by Fooble » 05 Mar 2007, 01:32

Ah... I get the EGT scanner now. The fifth cylinder shows oil temperature and OAT. Quite practical once you know about it... :D

But the VOR needle IS reversed. For example, when being to the left of the selected radial the needle points to the left. Of course the correct would be for it to point to the right to indicate that a turn in that direction is needed to get back on course.

I have installed and reinstalled the entire package once before and recently because of a complete reinstallation of FS, so I don't think anything related to that is causing it.

By now I have become accustomed to select the reciprocal heading so it really is just a minor annoyance. Would be nice to have it corrected though.

Hakan_Olsson

Post by Hakan_Olsson » 05 Mar 2007, 20:39

:oops: :oops: :oops:
You're right about the VOR !
My test flight was so short that I didn't realize that I was flying on the wrong radial. Maybe there's a earthing fault or something in the real HB-DBL, or at least we can pretend that there is one :)
My DG works fine though.
I like the Safir so much that I can live with a few glitches for the time being. Everything will surely be rectified with the FSX update.

Ha det bra

Fooble

Post by Fooble » 05 Mar 2007, 21:15

I can live with a few small glitches aswell. The Safir really is a great plane.

Just though I'd point out some small issues... :D

Brian W Keske

Post by Brian W Keske » 14 Jul 2007, 21:24

Hi guys, new to this forum and aircraft...just bought it a couple days ago. Great aircraft.

My first flight in Denmark (EKAE to EKKL) I flew a plan using two VOR's and saw the same 'VOR reverse' problem. As I am used to flying 'in the direction of the needle' to correct my flight, I kept getting farther and farther off course, and had to redial the OBI constantly to figure out what the correction should be. It is indeed reversed, and I also have the updates.

I quickly installed the RXP VOR gauge in it's place, and the RXP units acts as it should. Unfortunately it seems the default Safir VOR needle is part of the 3D model, and also shows up 'over' the RXP gauge. In addition, at some angles (using TrackIR) the default needle disappears.

Is there any way to remove the default VOR needle?

Brian W Keske

Post by Brian W Keske » 22 Jul 2007, 02:59

It's working great so far Alex....thanks so much for you help.

8)

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 22 Jul 2007, 03:42

Hi,

Try this patch: http://www.sibwings.com/download.php?file=vorfix.exe ~125 Kb

1. Download and startup vorfix.exe
2. Check: "Target Folder" field should contain full path to the root FlightSim directory
3. Click "Start" button.

Comments are welcome.

Enjoy!
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer