Loss of volts and amps in 91B.

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
bomarcus

Loss of volts and amps in 91B.

Post by bomarcus » 31 Oct 2006, 21:19

Hello.

First off - it's a great product you've made!!
I haven't found out why I keep getting drained of volts and amps in the 91B.

When starting a flight everything seems fine - accept that the volt/amp-meter's needle is all the way to the left. If I press the button on the gauge, it will react and show roughly 25V.
As I fly for about 5 minutes all the juice is gone and the attitude indicator gradually "goes to rest".

Am I missing something really simple here - like a generator switch?? Or is this a problem others have encounterd as well?

/Marcus

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Loss of volts and amps in 91B.

Post by Andrey » 02 Nov 2006, 06:13

bomarcus wrote:Hello.

First off - it's a great product you've made!!
I haven't found out why I keep getting drained of volts and amps in the 91B.

When starting a flight everything seems fine - accept that the volt/amp-meter's needle is all the way to the left. If I press the button on the gauge, it will react and show roughly 25V.
As I fly for about 5 minutes all the juice is gone and the attitude indicator gradually "goes to rest".

Am I missing something really simple here - like a generator switch?? Or is this a problem others have encounterd as well?

/Marcus
Hello Marcus!

Sorry for late answer, I couldn't catch the time to check this... but actually I have no bug with amper\volt meter here...
Is any one else with same problem guys ?

As for attitude, you should know, same as in reality it should be locked duaring any aerobatics.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 02 Nov 2006, 08:23

Marcus,

Just out of curiosity, does the radio's work? Have you tried starting a flight by first loading up the default flight of the 172 at Seattle then switching to the SAAB and then see if that fixes it?

I have a habit of ending a flight and picking up right where I left off.... however, every now and again something strange happens in FS that causes things to not work correctly. I then have to load the default flight first and THEN return to where I left off.

Just a suggestion...... other than that.... I can't help you much.... I'll let the experts take it from here. (smile)

Best wishes,
Steve

bomarcus

Post by bomarcus » 02 Nov 2006, 12:50

Hi again.

It was as simple as hitting (SHIFT-M) "Master battery/ Alternator switches ON/OFF". The voltage responds immediately and everything is fine from here on.

The "master battery switch" does move in VC both when I hit (SHIFT-M) and when I (Click it), but it's only by pressing the key command that the voltage respond.

Is this correct or am I missing to (Click) something else as I start up?

/Marcus
Ps. The radio works fine. Ds.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 02 Nov 2006, 15:01

Are you talking about B right ? DC System swich name is there, right ?

Seems I got your problem, we'll learn that with Alex... looks like I have no such bug here, do you use "cold" start ? Mean when you load Safir into FS all switches and engine is off ? Or it's doesn't matter for bug ?

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

bomarcus

Post by bomarcus » 02 Nov 2006, 22:13

Yes, that's correct. It's the Safir 91B with "cold" start and yes I ment the DC system switch.

Sincerely
/Marcus