Instrument lighting

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
frihjul92

Instrument lighting

Post by frihjul92 » 15 Oct 2006, 00:20

Could some-one please tell me how to switch the instrument lights on. I've read the manual, right clicked on the left and center variable brightness knobs and they rotate, have every switch on, but when the cabin light is extinguished I'm left in total darkness. Please.... what am I missing?
I've just seen the excellent review from AVSIM showing the instruments displaying a wonderful red glow.

William :cry:

snave

Re: Instrument lighting

Post by snave » 15 Oct 2006, 03:00

frihjul92 wrote:Could some-one please tell me how to switch the instrument lights on. I've read the manual, right clicked on the left and center variable brightness knobs and they rotate, have every switch on, but when the cabin light is extinguished I'm left in total darkness. Please.... what am I missing?
I've just seen the excellent review from AVSIM showing the instruments displaying a wonderful red glow.

Number of lights set in the sim? System specs?
Simon Evans

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Instrument lighting

Post by Andrey » 15 Oct 2006, 08:32

frihjul92 wrote:Could some-one please tell me how to switch the instrument lights on. I've read the manual, right clicked on the left and center variable brightness knobs and they rotate, have every switch on, but when the cabin light is extinguished I'm left in total darkness. Please.... what am I missing?

Hello William!

Check the battery is on first of all :) Check it's dark outside :), then click with right mouse button on left variable brightness knobs - you should be saisfacted :) AVSIM btw didn' tell that for example on B,C and Finnish D are four of instrument light brightness levels ;) - play with left\right mouse buttons on left variable brightness knob...

Sorry me for my English :)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

frihjul92

Post by frihjul92 » 15 Oct 2006, 10:27

Hello Andrey and snave,
Problem solved..... I have now printed out the manual, so was able to refer to it while studying the screen.
I did not have the landing lights box ticked in aircraft settings....Oh stupid stupid me!!! :oops:

Thanks for your help,

William :D