Switching between 2 Safir91D models

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
SuredT

Switching between 2 Safir91D models

Post by SuredT » 03 Oct 2006, 00:44

Hello Alex,

Sorry for bothering you again, and first of all I like to express my admiration for your wonderful product, but I experienced some strange behaviour.

Because I am one of the owners of the RLA I installed the repaint from Jure.
So I have in the Safir 91D section 3 aircraft: the SF3, the HB-DBL and the PH-RLA.

Everytime when I switch between the SF3 and the RLA (which use the same aircraft.cfg file) three switches drop to off: Flux valve, DC system and Gyro Compass Synchronization.
This happens also when I switch from the HB-DBL to one of the other two.

Is this by design?

Regards, Sjoerd

SuredT

Post by SuredT » 03 Oct 2006, 05:21

Maybe this is also of some help to trouble shoot.

I have as a FS startup position the RLA on the Rwy, engine running, flaps 17 degrees, all the necessary switches on, the view as I like it and then I save this flight.

Next time I startup FS, I am on the Rwy, engine running, flaps 17, all switches on EXCEPT the three I mentioned in earlier message and also the radio is off.

Regards, Sjoerd

snave

Re: Switching between 2 Safir91D models

Post by snave » 04 Oct 2006, 17:26

SuredT wrote:Hello Alex,

Sorry for bothering you again, and first of all I like to express my admiration for your wonderful product, but I experienced some strange behaviour.

Because I am one of the owners of the RLA I installed the repaint from Jure.
So I have in the Safir 91D section 3 aircraft: the SF3, the HB-DBL and the PH-RLA.

Everytime when I switch between the SF3 and the RLA (which use the same aircraft.cfg file) three switches drop to off: Flux valve, DC system and Gyro Compass Synchronization.
This happens also when I switch from the HB-DBL to one of the other two.

Is this by design?
By design of the simulator, not the product, yes. FS saves onyl alimited number of parameters in the Saved Flight (.flt) files. Thes switches are not on the list, so you have to reset them every time.

You'd have to write a sophisticated program to enable the `extra` seithc positions to be `remembered` outside of the sims own `save` parameters and it just isn't worthwhile for a `simple` aircraft like the Safir (although if you understand the programming that goes on behind the scenes to make that simplicity work, you wouldnt call it simple!)

Hope this explains things...
Simon Evans

SuredT

Post by SuredT » 04 Oct 2006, 20:03

Simon,

Thanks for clear explanation, didn't know that.
In real life I have to throw all the switches to start the Safir , so only three in the sim is no problem. :-D

Sjoerd