Possible fix for CTD's

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
Lionheart

Possible fix for CTD's

Post by Lionheart » 06 Sep 2006, 00:08

Hey guys,

First off, beautiful aircraft. I am really enjoying this masterpiece.

On the subject of CTD's. I had this issue a while back on a couple of my released aircraft and developer Warwick Carter found that my DSD or DXD files in customers computers were out of date. I released an update that had the newest version of DXD support and the CTD's disappeared.

I am figuring you are using these files in order to enable the cool soundeffects you have in the SAAB and that might be what is happening to some of your customers.

I hope you fix it soon. These issues occur for all releases, so no worries...

William Ortis
Lionheart Creations Ltd.

Lionheart

Post by Lionheart » 06 Sep 2006, 03:01

Another thing that I noticed that might help is to set the ground distance to the landing gear.

When I 'slew' the aircraft on the ground, the plane moves up about 10 inches. When I turn off slew mode, it drops down that far. That could be causing peoples planes to 'crash'. I had that happen a few times.

Adjust the ground height (distance of CG from the ground) until when you select 'slew' mode, it doesnt move up or down, but remains perfectly set at its proper ground height.

Great plane! Love this thing!

Bill

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 11 Sep 2006, 12:07

please, try this:

set static_pitch= 7.2
static_cg_height= 2.645

in [contact_points] section of Aircraft.cfg.

will be included in update pack.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer