CTD when loading

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
Updraft

CTD when loading

Post by Updraft » 03 Sep 2006, 09:40

I am really loving this oldie ... when it's loading.

8 out of 10 times I get a CTD when selecting any of the Safir models at any location.

I always use the default default Cessna 172 for a start, then select my aircraft.
No difference whether selecting the Saab from the Cessna 2D or 3D cockpit, whith Avionics switch ON or OFF.
No such effect with dozens of other demanding payware or freeware a/c.

Is there any power switch for the avionics of the Safir?

Thanks for help and best regards
Ernst

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 03 Sep 2006, 11:07

Updraft,

Same here.... BIG TIME CTD.

I also have a second copy of FS9 installed on a second hard drive as I do beta testing for folks. After installing the files there everything seemed okay....... at first.

The only aircraft I can get to load is the 91B..... and like you said it crashes 2 out of 3 times.

I too was having avionics problems not working, however, it seems if I go to spot view and then do the old ctrl+E for startup then everything works fine. At least the last couple of times I've tried.

I will say..... the aircraft is wonderful when I can get it to load.

Here's my info;

Dell 8250
Windows XP, Home Edition SP1
2.4 Ghz, 1.5 gig Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

I've already updated all my video drivers thinking that might be the case as loading the default Cessna 172 first.... then selecting the 91B, I can select the aircraft and then it starts to load. I then see a very brief flash of runway and everything crashes.

Any help would be most appreciated.... or any ideas would help also.

Thanks,
Steve

Mia
Site Admin

Post by Mia » 03 Sep 2006, 11:51

SGTMAJOR wrote:Updraft,
I also have a second copy of FS9 installed on a second hard drive as I do beta testing for folks.
Hi Steve,

The reason for this might be 2 copies of FS9 installed.
Do you have SAAB Safir installed in each FS9 or just in one of them?
At the moment we cannot provide you a quick solution to this problem, but we'll try to find out what's going on.

SW-lab Team

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 03 Sep 2006, 12:59

Hi Mia,

I installed into my usual copy of FS9 first. Immediately..... and to this moment.... I've never gotten it to come up at all.

Then... just a hunch... I installed into the second copy of FS9 which is on a second hard drive.

Immediately it came up and I've fallen in love with the aircraft. However, I cannot attempt to load anything else as it will immediatly crash.

I've been simming since the old days of FS3.... and have done my share of beta testing.... but I'm stumped on this one.

My main FS9 I have a LOT of extra stuff (mesh, aircraft...payware & freeware) thrown in; Ultimate Terrain, VOZ, all the GeoRender stuff, etc, etc.

My second version is clean..... nothing added as I use it for the beta testing stuff.

Hmm.... I'll keep trying and see if I can figure something out.

Bottom line.... when the aircraft comes up......... IT's AWESOME!!!! I dropped one of my scenery designer friends an e-mail and told him it's perhaps the best I've seen inf FS...... EVER!!! I just now need to figure out what in my system it doesn't like. (smile) Should be simple.... right? <grin>

Cheers,

Beckmann

Post by Beckmann » 03 Sep 2006, 18:56

I have CTD when I change from the B, C or D then came the " A fatal error occured", mode name "swsafir. gau." :?:
Greetings Torsten

SGTMAJOR

Post by SGTMAJOR » 03 Sep 2006, 20:46

Okay.... don't know if it has any bearing......... but the directional gyro gauge, (Ref. Page 23, Guage #14) starts out okay.... but as I continue to fly it begins oscillating enough it is no longe readable. (Please forgive me if this is addressed in the manual.... as I've seem to have missed that.)

Is there a way to isolate that gauge?

Perhaps comment it out in the aircraft.cfg? ( //)

As of yet I still have not been able to load anything EXCEPT the 91B or the system will crash. (Very strange)

Thanks guys..... I'll continue checking/updating anything I find. Hopefully we can find a solution. (smile)

BTW.... what aircraft are you doing next???? (Smile) I do believe you've all set the bar just a tad bit higher for the rest of the flightsim world to follow. Amazing aircraft!

Best wishes,