Avionics Power (91B model)

All problems and technical questions concerning our products are discussed here.
SeanTK

Avionics Power (91B model)

Post by SeanTK » 03 Sep 2006, 00:46

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you guys for a great aircraft!
However, I seem to have a problem that I can't fix. On the SAAB 91B model, how do you establish electrical power to the radios? The only type of electrical power switch I can find is the DC, but that apparently won't power everything for a long period of time.
The manual's checklist says to check the fuse box...but I can't find one on the B model?

Thanks for your help,

-Sean
EDIT: OK I think I figured my problem out from doing more testing! Apparently you cannot load this aircraft correctly from a cold & dark save file, and instead, just have to load the aircraft itself first.
EXAMPLE if you don't know what I mean, start with the default cessna, shut everything possible down, then switch to the SAAB. Apperently that doesn't work and wont load the radios right.

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 03 Sep 2006, 12:26

Have you test the separate on/off button thats located on the radio ?
First you have to put the "DC Master" in on position and then klick on the small "on off" button on the radio. - This would do it.

Happy testing

/Gert

Eagle

Post by Eagle » 04 Sep 2006, 23:15

Just start from the Cessna with everything off except Avionics and you'll be fine :-)

Eagle

snave

Post by snave » 05 Sep 2006, 01:29

...or simply set a keyboard combo to start the avionics (I use Shift+A, as it wasn't being used for anything else).

Although an extra switch in the VC wouldn't really affect things much.
Simon Evans

Nick C

Post by Nick C » 05 Sep 2006, 01:51

Nice tip Simon.
Regards,

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 05 Sep 2006, 08:41

I must say that this is a quite strange fenomena, this is nothing that i have found not to work during beta testing.

I have a cold and dark startupfile with the Safir and have no problems with the radio as soon as "DC Power" is on can you rotate the small "on/off/volume" button via clicking on it with left mousebutton (right button lowers volume or turns the radio off)
You can't turn the "on/off" knobb at all if the "DC power" switch is off.

Can please you confirm that the radio is inoperabable, can you turn the knobs at all ?

What other types of addons do you use ?
- Walk & follow
- Active Camera etc

Thanks for information

Gerth
Attachments
radio.jpg
radio.jpg (44.45 KiB) Viewed 3674 times

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 05 Sep 2006, 09:55

[SHIFT + C] - Bendix/King Radio Power On/Off :)
something like "Easter egg" :)

Alex

SeanTK

Post by SeanTK » 06 Sep 2006, 04:32

Thanks for trying to help.
Basically, after I start with a cold/dark setup using the Cessna (everything off), when I switch to the SAAB, I first switch on DC power, and then when I go to switch the radio on/off knob, it turns for a second and then snaps right back to off. (sometimes it doesn't even turn. The freq. tune knob rotates fine)
It's a problem I can live with though, since it is still a fantastic plane in all other aspects!

Thanks,
-Sean

P.S. I was able to get it to stay on once, but after a few minutes all of the avionics failed. I haven't tried the shift + c thing yet but will right after I type this.

SeanTK

Post by SeanTK » 06 Sep 2006, 04:47

Just tried again here's what I did:

1. Loaded default FS flight with 172 at KSEA. No external addons.

2. Switch everything off in Cessna. (Batt. Alt. Avionics. Mags., engine, etc.)

3. Change to SAAB 91B Safir "Norwegian" livery.

4. Switch DC power to on.

5. Tried switching radio on/off knob to "on" with no result. The hand cursor is there but that knob is unresponsive. Alex's Shift+C did not work either.

Frequency switch button and frequency change knobs on radio respond normally.

The only way I can get the radio to work is to immediatly start with the Safir from the create-a-flight menu on the interface instead of a cold/dark with the Cessna.

Thanks again for trying to help,
-Sean

snave

Post by snave » 06 Sep 2006, 13:55

Sean, you need to switch on the avionics buitton in the Cessna before you switch. If you have a CND startup for theCessna that is the ONLY switch you move before changing planes, then the radios will work.

Alternatively - and we've already covered this - for the time being simply create a keyboard shortcut for the avionics button (I use Shift+A). You can do it from the standard FS assignments menu.

Hope this helps.
Simon Evans

SeanTK

Post by SeanTK » 07 Sep 2006, 05:51

OK, so the only thing I need to leave ON is the Avionics switch.(In the Cessna) Understood now. It's near enough to cold/dark for me! :)

Thanks for your help,
Sean