Antonov AN-2 on FSX:SE

hb61

Antonov AN-2 on FSX:SE

Post by hb61 » 20 Apr 2016, 05:06

Hi, I just bought this addon few days ago but never been able to use it. My FSX is just simply crashed everytime I start a flight with AN-2, never had this kind of problem before.

I did all the suggestions on the other thread, including the developer's but I find no luck. I have contacted the developer too but never get any replies, as expected.

Is there any of you who can give me any other suggestion about using this plane on FSX:SE? I really want to try this addon since I've read somewhere that this plane is an "A2A aircraft made by russian developer.

Thank you.

Dominique

Re: Antonov AN-2 on FSX:SE

Post by Dominique » 20 Apr 2016, 16:00

I use P3D, not FSX-SE, so I am really not the best qualified to help you. But as this forum has become the Sleeping Beauty's Castle aanyway...I 've already troubleshot a fellow simmer, on another forum, having such a crashing problem in P3D .

The dll.xml file (you installed it, didn't you ?) from the original Sibwings package was crashing his machine. The issue was the dll.xml header (first paragraph), not the service module (second paragraph). It may be worthwhile for you to check that FSX-SE does not use a specific header.

the original Sibwings header that crashes P3D is

<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
<Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
</SimBase.Document>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Sibwings service module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Sibwings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

P3D needs

<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Sibwings service module</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Sibwings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

So maybe FSX-Se has its own requirement too .

Again just a shot in the dark !

hb61

Post by hb61 » 20 Apr 2016, 16:46

FSX dll.xml has default header like your second example. So it does on FSX boxed version, I believe.

Anyway, I really appreciate your answer. It feels like when you're lost and finally meet a human :D
Thank you!

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 20 Apr 2016, 20:10

You're welcome, good luck ! I wouldn't be surprised if the problem came from that file in any case, maybe it is corrupted, maybe a syntax error.