Install into P3DV3.1

papab

Install into P3DV3.1

Post by papab » 06 Apr 2016, 01:17

Got the AN-2 installed in P3DV3.1 and all seems to work except the airspeed indicator and altitude indicator-the readings are off(used "B" key to set altitude)
Added the script to the DLL.xml file the I got from a post here from Dominique:

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Sibwings service module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Sibwings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

Installed Update 2.3 as well....Any ideas?
Thanks
Rick

Dominique

Re: Install into P3DV3.1

Post by Dominique » 08 Apr 2016, 19:01

Hi Rick

It seems to be an issue on your side. The altimeter and airspeed indicator correctly work in my P3Dv3.1 install. Also, I do not see any switch which would enable/disable only these two gauges.

Now, do you start her up with the manual procedure from a saved Cold and Dark scenario ? I always do that as the auto-start (engine running at entry) or a CTRL-E start look like a little buggy to me (and besides that, it is fun too :wink: ).

Also, I select the AN-2 before entering the sim, not switching to her from another aircraft when already in.

Hope that helps a little...

papab

Post by papab » 10 Apr 2016, 01:41

Hi Dominique
Thank you for the response
I do start cold and dark and select the AM-2 before entering the sim as well

I had saved my download when i first purchased it.
I went to FSX yesterday(on same machine) and took the AN for a flight and noticed the gauges were off there as well
Do you know how to get a fresh download file?

I think I purchased it from Sibwings...

EDIT: Found my printout from my purchase with the link for the download, will download new file and try again!
EDIT2: New file same issues..... :(
Thanks again for your response seems like the developers are non existent now which is really a shame because they have developed wonderful aircraft, got the Bird Dog as well

Rick

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 10 Apr 2016, 10:32

A shot in the dark ! What do you exactly mean by "off" ? Are both gauges dead or are they off the value you think they should show ? In the second case, are you aware (sorry if you know that !) that these values are displayed in meters for the altitude and in Kph for the speed ?

papab

Post by papab » 10 Apr 2016, 15:46

Slap my forehead with the palm of my hand!!!! No I did not know-now it makes sense.... :grin:
Yes they are working then.....
Sorry for all the confusion...and I really did read the manual, must of over looked that :oops:

Thank you again for all of your input and advice

Rick

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 10 Apr 2016, 17:49

It happens to the best of us you know :grin: ! Also read the excellent flying guide viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1132

Happy flying wit Nanushka !

papab

Post by papab » 10 Apr 2016, 18:12

Thanks again Dominique!
Conversion chart will help
Rick