Colt in Prepar3D V3

Avidean

Colt in Prepar3D V3

Post by Avidean » 12 Nov 2015, 01:03

On the release of V3 of Prepar3D I decided to make a clean brake from all that went before and re-install windows 7 and V3 all following NickN's fantastic guide. I was going down through my list of Addon aircraft installing the keepers one by and there
at the bottom of the list was the Antonov AN-2. A keeper for sure :-) but would it work in Prepar3D V3? I didn't have it in V2 but I cannot remember why. Perhaps it wouldn't install or didn't work properly. I have a look here first to see if there was any Prepar3D compatibility thread but found nothing. I went ahead and ran the installer and Voila set the destination folder to the Prepar3D directory and it installed with issue. Took it for a flight and it all seem to work fine to me. I haven't ever flown this airplane much but it all seems to work fine. The cockpit click spots and switches all seem to work. The trim lever on my joystick didn't work nor did my flap lever but I am thinking the plane has neither. I did of course set it on fire which was fun. Opps, not it wasn't fun it was a learning experience. Has anyone who knows this bird tried it in V3 and can you confirm if it is in fact fully compatible?

EDIT: Yea it look like there are some issues in Prepar3D V3. I see the airplane does have flaps etc. Looks great, Seem to have its own ground shadow which of course is not required in Prepar3D.
Any possible that this aircraft will get an update for Prepar3D V3?

snave

Re: Colt in Prepar3D V3

Post by snave » 13 Nov 2015, 20:53

Sorry, not compatible.

And we haven 't seen or heard a developer round these here parts in many a long year, so the chances of it being made so is slim-to-none.
Simon Evans

Avidean

Post by Avidean » 13 Nov 2015, 23:44

That's a shame :-(

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 19 Nov 2015, 23:17

Avidean wrote:On the release of V3 of Prepar3D I decided to make a clean brake from all that went before and re-install windows 7 and V3 all following NickN's fantastic guide. I was going down through my list of Addon aircraft installing the keepers one by and there
at the bottom of the list was the Antonov AN-2. A keeper for sure :-) but would it work in Prepar3D V3? I didn't have it in V2 but I cannot remember why. Perhaps it wouldn't install or didn't work properly. I have a look here first to see if there was any Prepar3D compatibility thread but found nothing. I went ahead and ran the installer and Voila set the destination folder to the Prepar3D directory and it installed with issue. Took it for a flight and it all seem to work fine to me. I haven't ever flown this airplane much but it all seems to work fine. The cockpit click spots and switches all seem to work. The trim lever on my joystick didn't work nor did my flap lever but I am thinking the plane has neither. I did of course set it on fire which was fun. Opps, not it wasn't fun it was a learning experience. Has anyone who knows this bird tried it in V3 and can you confirm if it is in fact fully compatible?

EDIT: Yea it look like there are some issues in Prepar3D V3. I see the airplane does have flaps etc. Looks great, Seem to have its own ground shadow which of course is not required in Prepar3D.
Any possible that this aircraft will get an update for Prepar3D V3?
Hi Avidean

I don't have yet the experience of V3 but she flies OK in 2.5.

1- in V2, you need to add the following into your dll.xml . Have you tried in v3 ?

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Sibwings service module</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Sibwings\Service\swservice.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>

2- As you are not familiar with Anushka, have you switched up the first row of switches (trims and flaps) :) ?

Avidean

Post by Avidean » 20 Nov 2015, 01:30

Thanks for the tips :-) I have re-installed the Colt as per your instructions and it does seem to be working fine.
Trim and flaps are working after throwing the appropriate switches. I will have to run through the manual to familiarize
myself with the aircraft but it looks great and all the controls work properly as far as I can tell. I definitely doing something wrong though.
I start with white smoke coming out of the pipe and then after a while its black smoke. LOL!
Its a keeper in Prepar3D V3 for sure. Thanks again for the help :-)

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 20 Nov 2015, 01:55

She is a great one and I'm relieved to see that I will be able to transport her to v3. I would be have missed that starting clutch :) !

Don't forget to get the 2.3. revision of the flight model and the second manual written by the Swiss pilot, both are to be found in the first two posts of this forum.

And don't ever forget either to open those wretched cowl flaps when the temp is inching over 200 deg !

mickrick

Post by mickrick » 11 Jan 2016, 17:13

Yes No probs with P3d v3

snave

Post by snave » 11 Jan 2016, 18:41

Good to know, might give it a go myself.
Need an antidote to all that FMS rubbish and the AN-2 is still one of only a couple in the hangar that can stop, THEN land...
Simon Evans