[VIDEO] Engine start-up and heating

simurq

[VIDEO] Engine start-up and heating

Post by simurq » 08 Sep 2015, 08:41

Hope you guys will enjoy this... I just added English subtitles to help my non-Russian friends flying on SibWings An-2 easily learn engine start-up and heating procedures from a real pilot.

Here is the actual video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EojvWYCFkhY

Thanks!

Ron Attwood

Re: [VIDEO] Engine start-up and heating

Post by Ron Attwood » 11 Sep 2015, 23:26

That was the most interesting thing that's happened on this forum for two years! Bloody brilliant! I'm not sure I'd be too happy to go up in that thing though. :grin: "#9 cylinder not working, it'll be OK when it warms up" :lol:
Good post mate.
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

simurq

Post by simurq » 16 Sep 2015, 00:04

Hey Ron,

Yeah, it surely adds to the fun! :D Not sure about the real-life though... PIC looks like an old-dog.

PS: Btw, your paints are amazing, keep 'em coming!!!

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 16 Sep 2015, 18:41

Very kind of you. I've slowed down a bit and only do a paint when the spirit moves me. Working on a RealAir B60 at the moment.
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 03 Oct 2015, 22:39

Informative and (involuntary) funny, thanks for posting and for the subtitles. Very much appreciated. This aircraft cries aloud for an accusim of sort ! Now if such video existed for the takeoff and the landing....