Request for easy enginestart option in AN-2

bstikkel

Request for easy enginestart option in AN-2

Post by bstikkel » 16 May 2014, 14:05

Hello Alex,

Though I can understand that many people love to follow the realistic procedure to start a planes engine, I am more the type that enjoys the just start en go methode.
Therefore I would really appreciate a possibility for a CTR + E enginestart :), like the Digital Aviation Dornier Do-27 X (FSX+FS2004) -sold by Aerosoft.

Can jou tell me, if you will try to add this option in the near future?

Thanks and greetings,
Bram Stikkel

bstikkel

Re: Request for easy enginestart option in AN-2

Post by bstikkel » 21 May 2014, 15:25

Still not any response ...

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 21 May 2014, 23:10

Ok to tell you the "truth" (if I can say it like this): This bird was not really intended to be used like a CTRL+E. She (called Anna) is really a beautiful woman which wants to be treated like a queen and not like a nasty tasty piece of bacon.
And now seriously: I really doubt this will become available. The An-2 was meant to be as "real" as it gets and due to this you will surely not get such a CTRL+E start. Just familiarize you a bit with that bird and I am sure you will take your CTRL+E request back since this bird really deserves to be played with :)
regards Kevin

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 22 May 2014, 04:19

Bram, go read the manual, practice the starting and operating procedures and I promise you, you'll get a great deal of satisfaction from your AN-2. There, two responses and both saying more or less, the same thing.
You know it makes sense. :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

bstikkel

Post by bstikkel » 22 May 2014, 12:42

Thanks for the encouragements to try starting the AN-2 with the real procedure.
I can imagine your enthousiasm for the realism of the AN-2.

My - luxury ofcourse - "problem" is, I have build my own simcockpit and I fly several types of general aircraft in it.
For one planetype - the Cessna Caravan - I have created a realistic starting procedure, with the right buttons and handles doing the right thing.
It appears harder to create such a hardware setup for different types of planes. Therefore I jump back to the CRT + E procedure in those cases.

However, I will give it a try and find out if I manage to start the AN-2 with use of the current hardware.

Greetings,
Bram