AN2 spontaneous combustion with ASN?

IGrant

AN2 spontaneous combustion with ASN?

Post by IGrant » 24 Apr 2014, 00:46

My AN2 seems to spontaneously burst into flames when using Active Sky Next. With out ASN, it seems to work fine.
Here is the odd bit: when I load the aircraft it is fine but the engine will refuse to start. It is when I switch to an external view that it goes up in flames.

To make sure it wasn't temperature dependent I loaded it up in Juneau, AK where it happened to be snowing and the same thing happened.

Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas? This is a big problem because I love ASN and was looking forward to flying the AN-2 having just reinstalled it and now this.

adi518

Re: AN2 spontaneous combustion with ASN?

Post by adi518 » 28 May 2014, 11:19

Did you follow the check-list?

You must open the cowl flaps or the engine overheats quite fast.

Demious

Re: AN2 spontaneous combustion with ASN?

Post by Demious » 31 Oct 2014, 13:43

I also noticed that several problems in the cockpit show with ASN running. The aircraft is not bursting into flames, but several items int he cockpit dont work properly, or dont work at all. Turn ASN off and everything works just fine. Already tried to reinstall both AN-2 as well as ASN, but the problems seem to be consistent.

I'm using the AN-2 with P3D2.4 with a bit of a standard addon package, FTX Global/Vector/openLC allong with FS Global Ult and REX4, which all seem to work fine with the AN-2. It's only when ASN is active that problems occur.