the update :)

Dominique

the update :)

Post by Dominique » 05 Jan 2014, 18:42

Hi Andrei, Alexander

First things first, my very best wishes for the New Year !

The AN-2 was the first (out of a dozen) plane I reinstalled on a rig I've just finished . A fun and challenging plane to fly the tricky strips in OrbX or PacSim PNG sceneries . Love it. Do you see the announced update coming up ? I'm specially interestetd by a way to stop the ADF morse continuous beeping (constantly switching on and off to check position might damage the circuits :lol: ) and the correction of the MAP reading (hPa/mmHg) , Alexander alluded to in the Fall. Not impatient but the update will certainly improve a already wonderful plane !

BTW, speaking of MAP (and RPM). The indications of the sticker above the left console, the user manual and the flying guide (Swiss pilot) are somewhat different in their recommendations. How do you explain that ? At the end of the day, it's up to me (the pilot) to find the proper setting hic et nunc, I suppose,but still would be interested in having your comments.

thanks

Dominique

metzgergva

Re: the update :)

Post by metzgergva » 06 Jan 2014, 17:25

Dominique wrote: BTW, speaking of MAP (and RPM). The indications of the sticker above the left console, the user manual and the flying guide (Swiss pilot) are somewhat different in their recommendations. How do you explain that ? At the end of the day, it's up to me (the pilot) to find the proper setting hic et nunc, I suppose,but still would be interested in having your comments.
The difference is the different units used for MAP. The gauges read in kPA while the table onside the plane is in mmHG (120 kPa = 900 mmHG)
After the update, in progress, the issue will disappear as we change the gauges to display mmHG. Therefore until the update is out make a print of the flying guide to help you with the proper settings of MAP and RPM for different situations of flight.
Happy flying!
Alexander

Dominique

Post by Dominique » 08 Jan 2014, 12:33

The clarification is appreciated, thanks Alexander ! BTW, it would be nice if a true cold start permanent option could be also incorporated in the update (like in the RA Legacy for instance). The present startup (at least on my computer) with the engine running and all the switches off is kind of weird.

Again a great job you did with this aircraft which is a perfect match for an OrbX scenery !

Looking forward to the update then .

Dominique

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 08 Jan 2014, 18:16

Dominique,
I'm saving flights with all off and that works for me to have different locations to start from.
Happy flying!
Alexander