Some little errors...

Schmo78

Some little errors...

Post by Schmo78 » 26 Jul 2013, 12:04

Hi there,

I´ve purchased the AN2 yesterday and first of all I want to say that I´m really happy with the aircraft. Good job, SibWings!
However, as I tried to operate the plane exactly as it is statet in the Cecklist, I found a few problems:

BEFORE STARTING
Air system charging valve --> OPEN
Air pressure --> CHECK > 30
Since the pneumatic system is producing pressure only if the engine is running, it is impossible to get an air pressure above 30 at this time.

Bus Voltage --> 24V
Battery switch --> ON
I tink, thats the wrong sequence, because there won´t be 24V if the battery is still off.

And lastly, I can move the flaps with only battery on (Up wing flaps circuit braker, Flaps master circuit braker, Low wing flaps circuit breaker are off).

It would be great, if these things could be fixed in a future update.

Best regards,
Schmo

ncooper

Re: Some little errors...

Post by ncooper » 27 Jul 2013, 02:17

I do not believe that there is anything wrong with this model in respect of the "faults" that you describe.
I think you need to look to your default flight.

BEFORE STARTING
Air pressure --> CHECK > 30
Since the pneumatic system is producing pressure only if the engine is running, it is impossible to get an air pressure above 30 at this time.

On mine,
Air pressure --> CHECK > 0

Bus Voltage --> 24V
Battery switch --> ON
I tink, thats the wrong sequence, because there won´t be 24V if the battery is still off.

On mine,
Bus Voltage --> 0V
Battery switch --> ON

And lastly, I can move the flaps with only battery on (Up wing flaps circuit braker, Flaps master circuit braker, Low wing flaps circuit breaker are off).

On mine, no movement of any flaps until the battery circuit breaker, flaps master circuit breaker and either or both of the wing flaps circuit breakers are on.

I suggest that you save a flight with the default Cessna 172 with everything switched off.
Set this as your default flight.
Restart FSX, load your AN-2 and switch anything off that is on, I think there will be nothing.
Save this flight and then restart FSX once again.
You can either set this new saved flight as your default, or select it first whenever you wish to fly the AN-2.
You will then find that all the switches do as you expect.

Regards,
Nick

Schmo78

Post by Schmo78 » 28 Jul 2013, 03:32

Hey Nick,

I always start from the default cessna, but perhaps, its not fully cold and dark. So I will your try your tipps for the flaps. Maybe thats the solution.

But for the other two things I should have been written, there is a problem with the original checklist from the manual.
I´m getting the same values like you. But the SibWings checklist says something different. Thats what I mean.
It says (Manual page 28): Open the Air system charging valve and check for air pressure bigger than 30 (and not > 0). But as I said, there is no air pressure at this time.
Same goes for the battery (Same manual page) . If I check the bus voltage before switching the battery on, of course I get an value of 0. But the checklist says I have to check for a bus voltage bigger than 24 V, before switching the battery on. I think it would be correct to first switch the battery on and then check, that it´s providing more than 24 volts of bus voltage. At least, thats the case for most other models.

I´m definitly no expert, but I guess these two things are correct for the model, but wrong in the checklist. Thats what I wanted to say.

Regards,
Schmo

adi518

Post by adi518 » 29 Aug 2013, 22:37

See my thread on 'cold & dark'.