Download counter.

Ron Attwood

Download counter.

Post by Ron Attwood » 05 Jul 2013, 18:08

I wonder if I speak for all painters when I say that apart from the odd post thanking us for a nice paint, we get little feedback as to how popular(or not) our paints are. Understand, that I personally, do paints for my own satisfaction and I've no doubt the the rest of the painters do the same, but it would be nice to have a gauge as to how well received they are.
Maybe a discreet counter by the side of the website picture?

Just a thought which occurred to me when I saw how many repaints the An-2 has inspired. I've never seen so many and, I might add, of such terrific quality!

Cheers, Ron
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

speedy70

Re: Download counter.

Post by speedy70 » 05 Jul 2013, 19:38

Hi Ron
I agree with you wholeheartedly(see my post in REPAINTS on june 19thI) for one I tend to download all the repaints and try them initially,later I may discard the ones I dont use much to free up space and loading time.
I think the only thing you would learn from a button count is the actual number of downloads and not the popularity of the repaint.Anyhow its worth asking for feedback .I will willingly select my favourites for you if you wish.Once again thanks to all you repainters.
Cheers Chris

ncooper

Post by ncooper » 06 Jul 2013, 02:56

I would like to add my thanks also, all of the repaints are excellent and some are absolutely exceptional.
All the better that they all complement a superb aircraft model.
One of the best things about this hobby/passtime/obsession is the way that gifted people contribute
their skills freely for others to enjoy the resulting improvements, one of the less good things is the way that
some others take this for granted and sometimes even complain, despite there being no charge.
I guess this is simply human nature.

Regards,
Nick

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 06 Jul 2013, 03:54

Aah, good old human nature eh? :grin:
I confess to not downloading other people's paints unless they are being used by my online buddies. There are just SO many! Anyway, thanks for the thanks, on behalf of all my fellow painters. :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 06 Jul 2013, 12:38

I also appreciate all the very good reprints delivered so far. Thank you! I like to fly local liveries in the countries I fly for fun. At the end a few stay for good and just the download figure would not be a correct measurement of my admiration. Too many personal preferences play a role and the combination of a great country/airport scenery with the matching plane is what makes me enjoy our hobby.
Happy flying!
Alexander