just a few observations...

zippyo

just a few observations...

Post by zippyo » 15 Jun 2013, 17:15

As of last night I'm a proud owner of this wonderful product of labour and love. And in good faith and for the sake of reality I have a few points I would like to make:

The artificial horizon is arrested with the plane symbol caged on the 0 horizon line in the real plane. Wondering if it is just mine that doesn't.

More importantly the RIM24 starter was a monster of a current hog. Pulling past the 120 Amp mark when you begin spinning it up. The ammeter immediately should snap to past its right scale and as it builds speed the current requirement would diminish. This is how it is known when there is enough energy in the flywheel to turn the monstrous 9 cylinders over with adequate torque. Please please please have a look with your coding gurus at this.

Thank you for allowing me to travel back in time to the golden years of my life to re-live some of my greatest memories with quality work you all at SibWings can be real proud of.

Cheers

Zippyo

metzgergva

Re: just a few observations...

Post by metzgergva » 15 Jun 2013, 20:52

The wrong ampere reading is already on the list and will be updated soon.
Happy flying!
Alexander

HighGround

Post by HighGround » 18 Jun 2013, 02:50

metzgergva wrote:The wrong ampere reading is already on the list and will be updated soon.
I'm quite pleasantly astonished at how keen and attentive you folks are with your responses to these little glitches and anomalies that are reported by the users.

Kudos, Alexander!
-Jon
-------

zippyo

Post by zippyo » 18 Jun 2013, 05:28

These glitches are an inherent part of coding custom dll gauges and must be frustrating to listen to us nagging about things that most would not even notice. Having spent many years in the cockpit it is etched into memory how things should behave. There is nothing more satisfying than a well operating machinery when you spend most of your time below 30 meters all day with a heavily loaded aircraft.

On a dIfferent note:
The whole generator logic will have to be looked at to simulate battery discharge below the 800-1000 RPM range. The red light works to indicate it coming online but the ammeter shows charging pretty much when the engine is rotating.

Cheers

Zip

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 18 Jun 2013, 17:26

Currently we have 800 RPM to switch the red light off and generator is supplying the electrical bus. This is conflicting to my information that the typical idle RPM should be kept at 700-800 RPM. I would expect this to be above the RMP that the generator can load the battery. So if one could show or explain us how the red light and the amermeter react on changes on RPM between 500 and 1200 RPM we woulb be a Le to simulate correctly.
Happy flying!
Alexander

zippyo

Post by zippyo » 18 Jun 2013, 18:34

She idles @550-600. And the generator is off line. Battery discharging. Red light is on Than @1000 rpm the relay closes switching generator output on battery bus and light goes off battery charging. If rpm falls below 1000 the relay opens red light comes on and battery discharging once again.

Cheers

Zip

Details: simplified. This differential relay switches the gen on the bus when it produces 0.3-0.7V more than the battery voltage and takes it offline when current flows back to the gen @15-35Amp when gen voltage is below batt voltage.

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 19 Jun 2013, 07:58

I'm surprised that the relay switching is taking place at a RPM higher that what is recommended for idle RPM in the checklist. I know that this is already higher that what the engine runs when throttle fully closed. Thanks for the input.
Happy flying!
Alexander

zippyo

Post by zippyo » 22 Jun 2013, 21:10

been quiet on the development front lately....so I figured I share my joy ... absolutely thrilled by the drooping ailerons with flap extension...not many people even realize this feature never mind modeling it! I love it! Just been flipping through my old 1968 edition of the technical manual looking at the control linkages and you guys did a superb job. There are so many things that make this package one outstanding addon to FSX.

zip

zippyo

Post by zippyo » 23 Jun 2013, 07:50

Been looking at this for a while but I'm pretty sure the prop is set on coarse pitch in the visual model. If you look at her from the front you should see the blades facing you much more. Almost flat when in low (fine) pitch.
Will you guys have a look?

Zip

Edit: forget all of it. I feel stupid. I shut her down with low Prop.