night time see through panel/dash

zoran

night time see through panel/dash

Post by zoran » 11 Jun 2013, 01:32

Hi and thanks for this amazing plane ! love it

The only issue I have is I can see through the front panel at night with only the instruments being visible

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: night time see through panel/dash

Post by Andrey » 11 Jun 2013, 06:44

Can you make screenshot please.
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

zoran

Post by zoran » 11 Jun 2013, 07:34

KAPTEJNLN

Post by KAPTEJNLN » 11 Jun 2013, 19:30

well i guess the developers would like to know the settings DX9 or 10 prewiev ?

Best regards Lars N.

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 11 Jun 2013, 20:47

@zoran:
Does this also happen if you switch off all/several the cockpit lights? In addition to that are you running any additional applications when using the An-2?
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 12 Jun 2013, 06:38

dx 10 preview unchecked

The Panel is see through under all selected lighting

Just to be clear I have a High end system that usually runs problem free

What type of applications? opus/rex/fseconomy/fs cabin crew/F1 soundstream but cant see them affecting it.

I just uninstalled/re installed but no luck

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 12 Jun 2013, 10:59

Ok this sounds bad.
Can you maybe post a screenshot of all your settings in FSX plus what version of FSX do you use?
You installed the An-2 with admin rights right? If not, please do that again. If yes, did you get any error message or so?
Can you also try another airport (another default and another payware)?
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 12 Jun 2013, 13:21

version is the gold Package with service packs

I installed a fresh download to make sure it wasnt corrupt and ran as ADMIN. No error message and I got the standard message in fsx asking me if I want to install so all okay there

Also tried several airports, same problem

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 12 Jun 2013, 13:28

Ok the installation process went good then. Also your settings looks ok. You use unlimited frames, so I suspect you are using an external limiter? If not try to use a target framerate of 30 and if yes, then try it once without the limiter.
This is quite a dodgy problem since you are the first one having it.
regards Kevin

Dieter

Post by Dieter » 12 Jun 2013, 13:43

Well, not the solution for your problem, but your graphic card should allow higher setting.
You chose "Full Screen Resolution":1024x768x32.
Have a look what is recommended for your monitor (and change it as case may be)
Greetings

Dieter

zoran

Post by zoran » 12 Jun 2013, 14:50

Frame rate limiter on or off makes no difference. The resolution you see is the native resolution of my short throw projector

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 12 Jun 2013, 15:07

@zoran: To be honest this is a really buggy thing. Can you just check how this looks like in daylight? Do you then see anything anormal? Please post once more a screenshot when you are just sitting in the night on an airport without any light switches switched to ON. What I am also thinking now: You saved the airplane completely to the default path right? So no copy&pasteing of the aircraft and the associated folders (SibWings,...)?
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 12 Jun 2013, 15:27

Yes I installed it as per the installer path, no modifications by me. Im sure we will work it out, no panic I dont fly much at night

all lights off

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 12 Jun 2013, 15:36

Woow. This looks even more strange. Do you maybe have the possibility to try it out on a normal screen instead if a projector. It seems that either there is one file missing, the graphic card has problems to draw that background, something which interferes with that drawcall or the beamer has a problem. If case 1 would be true I am sure other people would also write here, but since you are the first it is really strange. Case 2 could be a case to consider since I had this problem a few years back with a ATI Radeon card where I think this is named transistor got killed due to overheat and well the result was that in the game several textures looked really strange, however I do not want to make you afraid. Case 3 I do not know. Never had a beamer but that could be a problem, however not 100% sure. Damn it is so bad that I cannot help you more on this..
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 12 Jun 2013, 16:46

Just switched to high res 2nd monitor, but no joy

Hey thanks so much for trying the support is excellent! I will keep playing around with it and see what happens. Currently Im not having any problems with add on aircraft day or night so I dont think its the vid card but I will keep an eye on it

cheers, zoran

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 12 Jun 2013, 16:51

Hey zoran, well you paid for that An-2 so personally I think thatnwe have to help you in order to make your flights good, enjoyable and worth :)

Anyway, your initial screenshot was on a default airport right? Can you just check if this is the case on any other airports? (Just to see if it occurs really everywhere since then it should be our mistake :)
regards Kevin

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 12 Jun 2013, 17:51

Very strange problem in deed... looks like textures with bumps became transparent ? How it looks like from outside ? I suspect that it could be video card drivers problem.. can you check this ? (update, uninstall\install video driver)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

zoran

Post by zoran » 13 Jun 2013, 02:41

I updated to the latest version drivers but still no luck. I also have PMDG aircraft and they run okay at night, very odd indeed if its a vid card problem I should see problems with other planes?

outside appears okay

JakePDX

Post by JakePDX » 24 Nov 2013, 23:04

I'm wondering if this issue was resolved and if yes, how? I was able to use the An-2 at night with no issues until after I installed FTX Global from Orbx. now I have the same panel transparency issue at night.