Is the Artificial Horizon backwards?

Adamski_NZ

Is the Artificial Horizon backwards?

Post by Adamski_NZ » 10 Jun 2013, 10:26

Something kept bothering me about the artificial horizon. Which is the aircraft datum and which is the lubber line? It seemed wrong, so I checked with a real cockpit shot:

Both shots have the aircraft in an approximately 45 degree bank to port and descending slightly. To my mind, the Sibwings instrument appears to have it the wrong way round <???>.

Adam.

metzgergva

Re: Is the Artificial Horizon backwards?

Post by metzgergva » 10 Jun 2013, 13:09

That is a good catch. I guess we are all used to have a horizon line and not an aircraft inclination. Will be put on list.

Edit June 10, 18:30:
I just checked this and it is all okay on my machine???
Last edited by metzgergva on 10 Jun 2013, 20:41, edited 1 time in total.
Happy flying!
Alexander

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 10 Jun 2013, 14:00

metzgergva wrote:That is a good catch. I guess we are all used to have a horizon line and not an aircraft inclination. Will be put on list.
Either the horizon line/aircraft datum need to be switched around or simply the aircraft datum is going in the wrong direction.

Nice to know it's not me going mad, :lol:.

Adam.

snave

Post by snave » 10 Jun 2013, 19:33

While that fix is in the works, could we also put a shout out to fix the tramline course indicator on the UGR compass?

It should slave to the desired bearing and then stay fixed-on-bearing, ao rotating with the compass bezel, not just fixed in relative position as it does now.
Simon Evans

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 10 Jun 2013, 20:44

Simon, suggest you open an own topic explaining things so that we can trace issues more easily.
Happy flying!
Alexander

torejohs

Post by torejohs » 10 Jun 2013, 20:46

That's quite an "oopsie", I think Adamski just bought himself a beta team invitation, don't you? 8)

I take it that the instrument should behave like the one in the FSX L-39?

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 10 Jun 2013, 21:02

Well it is correct here, so I don't understand how it could be different on his????
Happy flying!
Alexander

alehead

Post by alehead » 10 Jun 2013, 21:16

Alexander, I can confirm this...

Using the original poster's real world picture as reference, that is what I see in the Sibwings An-2...

I thought it wrong at first, then I thought, Russian aircraft... anything possible... :)

A

rosborne

Post by rosborne » 10 Jun 2013, 22:26

alehead wrote:Alexander, I can confirm this...
Weird... mine is "ok" too (i.e. like Alexander said).
Attachments
An2 Left Descending Turn (1280 x 720).jpg
An2 Left Descending Turn (1280 x 720).jpg (263.89 KiB) Viewed 6018 times

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 10 Jun 2013, 22:49

Hello guys, let me answer all questions..

That was a bug in very first release, actually Russian attitude indicator works opposite with all others. We missed it.
We fix it quite, tell nobody (same about DEUTSCHE typo btw), so that one who bought and download it first day have wrong one.
Automatic update is coming, if it's important for you you may re-download and re-install product with link in your letter.
It's just that to fixes that's all for this moment.

Sorry I'm late..

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 11 Jun 2013, 03:08

Andrey wrote:That was a bug in very first release, actually Russian attitude indicator works opposite with all others. We missed it.
We fix it quite, tell nobody (same about DEUTSCHE typo btw), so that one who bought and download it first day have wrong one.
Hahaha ... that'll teach me to be so quick with my wallet!! Good to see it had already been spotted/fixed :). I may try the auto-update to see if that works. If not, I'll re-download.

I used to beta-test for some other marvellous Russian developers - on Su-27 Flanker, so it's a bit like old times!

Incidentally - it's worth comparing my two original pics (up top) to see what a stunning job the cockpit creator(s) have made in replicating the real thing. Simply awesome.

Adam.

EDIT: The auto-update didn't work (maybe because the new exe has the same version number??) ... but a fresh install with the latest an2.exe worked fine. Here's the result:

Yay!

HAWK

Post by HAWK » 12 Jun 2013, 05:03

To add to how close the sim model matches your photo Adam, when I saw the photo I thought hey did he re-texture the sun visors? It is brilliantly modelled!
Gavin

lesko

Post by lesko » 14 Jun 2013, 05:54

After all this discussion, how do I fix mine which is still the wrong way around? Please, someone, tell me what to do.

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 14 Jun 2013, 06:04

lesko wrote:After all this discussion, how do I fix mine which is still the wrong way around? Please, someone, tell me what to do.
Easy ;) ... just re-download the an2.exe from Sibwings. Back up any custom repaints and re-install.

lesko

Post by lesko » 15 Jun 2013, 02:53

Thank you Sir, I have done it and it worked, SibWings Support also made the same suggestion. Now almost perfect except that invitation to update box still pops up, I already use the v2.3 air file and don't want to regress, but that is another story.