Black outside view when in VC

stewart

Black outside view when in VC

Post by stewart » 09 Jun 2013, 20:57

Hi all
I have just installed the An- 2Colt
When in the VC there is just black when looking outside. The VC looks intact when looking around within it. When changing the view to external there is a black vertical block cutting half way into the cockpit and along the wings from tip to tip. Any help appreciated.

My setup - FSX Gold
MSI X58 PRO-E Intel i7 920 Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Samsung 1TB 32 Mb Cache
NVidia 285 GTX 2Gb DDR3 Corsair 12Gb Tri Channel 1600Mhz
Win XP Professional 64 Bit
11.9 Gig ram up

Regards

Stewart

lesko

Re: Black outside view when in VC

Post by lesko » 11 Jun 2013, 22:27

Hi, it seems you have a very high end computer so it is probably not related to low memory or processing power. I have had the same problem when I was trying to fly in a very busy scenery environment like New York or Budapest Megascenery. Make sure your FSX is running in Administrator mode and not in compatibility mode. I am not a computer expert, I am surprised that none of the authors or moderators have responded to your post in the two days it has been on the Forum. Try it in a less complex scenery, I use USA>Wisconsin>Oshkosh>Witmann Regional. Also, play around with the settings for scenery complexity although, you should not have to on your machine, it should work with all the sliders fully to the right. Hope this helps.

stewart

Post by stewart » 13 Jun 2013, 21:13

Hi Lesko
Thanks for the reply.
I have been in touch with the guys at SibWings and they have kindly been able to sort things out for me with various files, which fixed the problem, so I am now up and running. What a great service. However thanks for going to the trouble to reply.

Regards

Stewart

caaront

Post by caaront » 20 Jun 2013, 11:45

I think I have the same issue, see this thread with screen shots, hope they can help me too.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1184

caaront

Post by caaront » 20 Jun 2013, 13:10

tried several recommended fixes, no luck yet, but impressed with the quick response.