Fuel pump and primer shortcuts request

Adamski_NZ

Fuel pump and primer shortcuts request

Post by Adamski_NZ » 09 Jun 2013, 13:17

I'm now seriously addicted to the An-2 - and have been trawling YouTube for videos. In many of them, I see the pilots furiously cranking the fuel pump handle whilst starting up (as well as working the throttle backwards and forwards).

Is there a way a shortcut could be added for the fuel pump handle? That way we could assign it to a joystick button and operate it simultaneously with the inertia/starter. A2A do something similar for their P-40 for the hydraulic pump/handle and it works well.

Could one be added for the fuel primer as well?

I live in hope!

Adam.

sieggie

Re: Fuel pump and primer shortcuts request

Post by sieggie » 09 Jun 2013, 17:58

You could use FSUIPC to assign a key for the manual fuel pump and the Primer using the following event codes"

66740 MANUAL_FUEL_PRESSURE_PUMP
66345 TOGGLE_PRIMER1

Dave

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 10 Jun 2013, 05:26

sieggie wrote:You could use FSUIPC to assign a key for the manual fuel pump and the Primer using the following event codes"
66740 MANUAL_FUEL_PRESSURE_PUMP
66345 TOGGLE_PRIMER1
Thanks for that, Dave - works a treat! No sounds, but at least they work!

How did you dig out the event codes for these two?

Adam.

HAWK

Post by HAWK » 10 Jun 2013, 05:58

Will this work on an un-registered FSUIPC? Never done anything with it before lol!
Gavin

IGrant

Post by IGrant » 10 Jun 2013, 07:48

I'd love a shortcut for the oil cooler doors as well as the red fuel valve lever. I've got nearly all of the controls there mapped to my Saitek throttle quads except for those two.

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 10 Jun 2013, 09:44

IGrant wrote:I'd love a shortcut for the oil cooler doors as well as the red fuel valve lever. I've got nearly all of the controls there mapped to my Saitek throttle quads except for those two.
I have the oil cooler (cowl) flaps mapped via FSX - no need for FSUIPC as they're standard FSX. You may need to add the key combinations in keyboard preferences. I use CTL+SHF+C for "close" and CTL+SHF+V (next to it) for "open". I then map those to my X-52 throttle.

I suppose the red lever would need FSUIPC - if we knew what event code it was.

Adam.

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 10 Jun 2013, 17:01

I think you need the full version of FSUIPC for programming but to find the correct codes turn on logging then just hit the item in the VC you are trying to find and the log will tell you the command being sent by the object.

Dave

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 10 Jun 2013, 17:15

sieggie wrote:I think you need the full version of FSUIPC for programming but to find the correct codes turn on logging then just hit the item in the VC you are trying to find and the log will tell you the command being sent by the object.
Thanks Dave - I'll have a play. I've had the paid up version for ages. Though I use it a lot, I've hardly got into the nerdier functions until now!

Adam.

IGrant

Post by IGrant » 10 Jun 2013, 18:19

I had no problem mapping the cowl flaps but the oil cooler doors seem to be non default as I can't find anything in FSUIPC to use for them.

I'll try the logging idea myself. I've never thought about it before much less used it...

IGrant

Post by IGrant » 11 Jun 2013, 06:43

Well, with logging I get an endless stream of ADF 2 ident disable reports. Besides that I get absolutely nothing for the oil cooler doors but I will double check that. Also, toggle fuel valve engine 1 controls the red fuel valve handle. Unfortunately you can only toggle it and not input a direct control (i.e. 0 or 1) so you have to match up the position or else you could end up with you joystick inverse of the actual control. I did map it to one of my spare axis, however, and it works just fine.

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 11 Jun 2013, 08:15

IGrant wrote:Well, with logging I get an endless stream of ADF 2 ident disable reports. Besides that I get absolutely nothing for the oil cooler doors but I will double check that.
That's exactly what I saw. I'm wondering if all those calls are affecting framerates. The calls are made even with the aircraft powered down. I also couldn't get the oil cooler doors to produce a value.

Adam.