Looping sound, fan and window

torejohs

Looping sound, fan and window

Post by torejohs » 09 Jun 2013, 10:59

Hi, a very good looking product but two annoying sound bugs:

1: When I turn on the cockpit fan, the sound loops very clearly every two seconds or so, seems that the recording isn't completely even and you can clearly hear when the file is at the end and starts from the beginning again.

2: The same happens when I slide open any of the cockpit windows.

Can someone else verify this? Or is it something wrong on my end?

Other than that this is a wonderful and quirky plane!

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Looping sound, fan and window

Post by Andrey » 09 Jun 2013, 13:06

Hello there!

Already answer in one topic here, this is know bug, connected with sounding technology we used and probably fsx limits... All is ok with single sounds, but it's impossible to loop sounds correctly, we always have small-small pause which is audible. We'll try to find out, but no ideas on this now..

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

alehead

Post by alehead » 09 Jun 2013, 13:59

Tore, strangely enough, I had a feeling I would see you here.ike you no doubt, the An-2 is my typical FSX plane...

:)

Andrew (VPA)

Tim

Post by Tim » 09 Jun 2013, 14:33

Hi Andrey,

first of all thanks a lot for this excellent addon!

Could you maybe tell us where we can find the responsible sound file? If it's not possible to loop the sound correctly I would prefer to delete or replace it.

Greetings
Tim

torejohs

Post by torejohs » 09 Jun 2013, 14:58

Hey Andrew, small world! :)

The files can be found inside the FSX\SibWings\AN2\Sounds folder, the AN2_28.wav is the open window sound, and I think the AN2_38.wav is the fan sound. I've tried cropping them with a sound editor, so I think I've made the end a bit less obvious, but I haven't tried it out in-sim yet.

torejohs

Post by torejohs » 10 Jun 2013, 20:41

Well the sound was slightly improved but I ended up replacing them with blank sound files so that I can at least have the visuals right. On the hot days we've been having it looks better to have the fans on and windows open.