Switches not working

DoubleG01

Switches not working

Post by DoubleG01 » 09 Jun 2013, 05:55

I am having an odd issue where I go to flip a switch and it does not move, although you can hear the sound associated with the switch moving. However, if I pause the sim, and then un-pause, the switch will be in the correct position.
Also, for the life of me, I cannot get the radio-altimeter knob on the left side of the cockpit by the pilot's seat to move, no matter what, even trying to pause and unpause, as I had mentioned above.

Any help?

Thanks

DoubleG01

Re: Switches not working

Post by DoubleG01 » 10 Jun 2013, 01:47

Bump. Lol ;)

fado

Post by fado » 10 Jun 2013, 14:15

Hello,

I had exactly the same issue. So, I edited my fsx.cfg file and deleted the two module entries for the AN-2 aircraft. Look at the Trusted section in the file and the two last lines should correspond to the AN-2. I don't exactly remember the name of the two files (I am not at home) but should not be difficult to identify them.
Then, once done, run FSX and accept executing these two modules again (like the first time you installed it). Start your default flight and then, try to load the AN-2. It should work better.

Cheers

snave

Post by snave » 10 Jun 2013, 19:27

What can also work is to set a key to reload the aircraft - it's almost instantaneous and the switches then all work as they should - it also fixes the occasional glitch with the radalt.
Simon Evans

flapsdown

Post by flapsdown » 22 Jun 2013, 09:28

This is a problem for both myself and my brother as we are trying to fly in multiplayer but you can cannot reset the aircraft and reloading the plane doesn't work either in multiplayer (grayed out in FSX), so multiplayer is impossible until the plane will load correctly without any other "tricks" :cry:

ncooper

Post by ncooper » 22 Jun 2013, 10:47

As above, you can assign a key to Aircraft Reload in Settings\Controls\Buttons\Keys and this works
whether you are in multiplayer or not.

Regards,
Nick.
Last edited by ncooper on 22 Jun 2013, 11:49, edited 1 time in total.

flapsdown

Post by flapsdown » 22 Jun 2013, 11:01

Will give it a shot - Thx

DoubleG01

Post by DoubleG01 » 24 Jun 2013, 20:57

Upon setting a key command to reload aircraft, (I used Ctrl+Shift+R) I get a fatal error. Have tried this multiple time with the same result.

Also, fado, would you mind possible looking in you fsx.cfg again and finding the names of the two entries you removed? I was searching through mine to do the same but didn't have any luck finding them, any help is greatly appreciated.

fado

Post by fado » 25 Jun 2013, 01:00

DoubleG01 wrote: Also, fado, would you mind possible looking in you fsx.cfg again and finding the names of the two entries you removed? I was searching through mine to do the same but didn't have any luck finding them, any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi,

The two entries that you could delete are:
...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SibWings\Service\swservice.dll.....
...\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\GAUGES\swan2.DLL......

Next time you will run FSX, it will ask you if you want to execute those two modules like the first time you installed this addon.
However, I have to admit that sometimes the switches are not loaded properly and therefore I have to reload the aircraft as suggested by snave.

cheers

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 25 Jun 2013, 16:21

I know I am late to this party but I notice on my system that if I do not start FSX in my default dark and cold Cessna then go to the AN-2 without loading any other aircraft, I will see switches in various states and some not working. I cannot load the AN2 from any other aircraft. Even exiting a flight from another aircraft then picking the AN2 will cause switch problems depending on what the previous aircraft did to settings that FSX has saved up. This is an FSX problem in that some flight parameters are only set by the initial aircraft. If another aircraft resets them they are not returned to the default simply by reloading a new aircraft or even the default aircraft.

Dave

ncooper

Post by ncooper » 25 Jun 2013, 19:09

To add to the above post, if I may?
I think that many FSX users under-rate the effects of the saved default flight, which in my experience,
can cause as many problems as faulty entries in the fsx.cfg file, especially as addon aircraft models become more complex.
In my humble opinion, there is a good case for having separate flights saved, to suit each of the more
complex aircraft that a user may have.
It is no coincidence that some developers include bespoke default flights with their models.

I prefer to start from cold and dark, others may not but the principle is the same.
I have found that a very effective method is to have the aircraft on the ground and fully ready for flight,
and then to bring it to the state in which the user prefers to start an FSX session,
using the model's own switches and controls, before saving the flight.
Once the flight is saved, it can quickly be selected from the "Load" menu on the Free Flight screen and the aircraft
will then load with the parameters from that flight, rather than the default.

This may seem to some as an unnecessary nuisance, I see it as similar to flight preparation in the real world,
something I have never done but have witnessed.
I wonder how many of the other problems encountered by only a few users, in fact originate in their default
flight and not the aircraft model.

Regards,
Nick

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 26 Jun 2013, 20:22

I would second this experience. I have many situations saved as flights and never have a problem with loading the An-2. Especially during testing i have flights with engine switched off, others with engine running or even in flight. Later I have then placed the various liveries at their region and fly from cold&dark or battery on & NAV on state.
For sure it is not advised to load any add-on plane after another add-on plane as developers need often to tweak special commands to obtain the desired effect or have custom codes added.
In essence I have no default flight and always start from the flight selection menu.
Happy flying!
Alexander

adi518

Post by adi518 » 07 Jul 2013, 02:08

I looked through FSX controls and couldn't find a key or mapping that says "reload aircraft". There's just the reset flight key (ctrl+;) which isn't the same purpose really. Am I missing something? There sure is some problem with the gauges loading sometimes. It looks like it happens specifically when loading from a saved flight / saved default flight.

ncooper

Post by ncooper » 07 Jul 2013, 02:27

Settings\Controls\Buttons\Keys\All events\scroll down to Aircraft (reload), assign your own key or button.

Regards,
Nick
Last edited by ncooper on 07 Jul 2013, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.

adi518

Post by adi518 » 07 Jul 2013, 02:44

Oh my... that's a life saver! I also had problems with a2a mustang and I was thinking that reloading the flight actually reloads the plane, but it definitely didn't, it just loaded the plane with the same bad gauges state each time, this is infact what I had to do the whole time! :oops:

Milagaia

Post by Milagaia » 20 Nov 2014, 02:41

Good evening, I wonder if it is possible to manipulate all the controls and switches the An-2 just with the keyboard, eliminating the mouse.
I acquired this magnificent plane (virtual of course) and if you have time, patience, money and maybe build a panel.
Pesquizei in FSX, and found all the commands to apply to this aircraft.
Thank you, and I apologize for my ignorance.

Tobus

Post by Tobus » 20 Jan 2016, 12:38

Like stated above: assign a key to Aircraft Reload to make them work again.
I've also found this happens when switching aircraft in sim from another 3rd party aircraft, but NOT from a default aircraft (fi C172).
Loading the sim up in the default Cessna, then changing it to the AN2 on tarmac, or just starting in AN2 and do an aircraft reload when loaded up just to make sure, should alleviate all problems in this regard.

snave

Post by snave » 01 Feb 2016, 21:54

Tobus wrote:Like stated above: assign a key to Aircraft Reload to make them work again.
I've also found this happens when switching aircraft in sim from another 3rd party aircraft, but NOT from a default aircraft (fi C172).
Loading the sim up in the default Cessna, then changing it to the AN2 on tarmac, or just starting in AN2 and do an aircraft reload when loaded up just to make sure, should alleviate all problems in this regard.
Well, thanks but this conversation nearly two years old.

But the advice still stands. Always create a new saved flight from a starting point of a default flight, then switch to the aircraft of choice. Set the aircraft up as desired, then save that flight with a recognisable name. Thereafter you have no need to go through the routine again. Just choose the AN-2 from the saved flight menu...
Simon Evans