Antonov An-2 Loadmanager

Springbok

Re: Antonov An-2 Loadmanager

Post by Springbok » 08 Jul 2013, 12:37

Yes the FSUIPC "bridge" which makes the connection between the loadmanager and the simulator should only be used 10 seconds after your plane seems to be ready, so that all the systems "can speak" to each other. When Loadmanager starts it checks if that "bridge" is active. If yes, then it connects to it. If not then you need to do it manually. However I could maybe make a timer which runs in the background and let's say for example after one minute the loadmanager starts, it searches again for that "bridge".
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 11 Jul 2013, 20:13

And version 1.0.1.0 released now!

Due to the big help of Hugo I managed to make the Loadmanager fully compatible to Lockheed Martin's Prepar3D (P3D)!
As always download the newest version of the SibWings An-2 Loadmanager here in the first post!

Thanks again to Hugo for his amazing help!
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 20 Jul 2013, 01:49

And now version 1.0.1.1 available!

Due to the big help of Aeroclub Aviators e.V. and Classic Wings Bavaria (already now a big thank you to both groups!) I got some data about the price of an An-2 per hour and Loadmanager shows you how long you can fly with the fuel you loaded and how much you would pay for this entire "charter". The total costs will be shown either in US Dollars or Euros. Again a big thank you to the two groups!
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 25 Jul 2013, 11:29

Yesterday evening froggy reported me that the Loadmanager has a bug which prevented the fuel load to be kept while switching from KG mode to LBS mode. Now the bug is fixed and the Loadmanager should behave as it is intended for (at least I hope :) )

Anyway, thank you froggy for reporting and for you all: V 1.0.1.2 is released now here!

If you encounter any problems, feel free to report them!
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 20 Jan 2014, 14:04

Ok guys since it is that quiet here I want to point out to you that a new version of the An-2 Loadmanager is on the way. The new code (for all the new things) is completely written. I just need the help of SibWings for one file (they did not respond until now).
What will be new:
- The ReadMe will finally be updated so that for example the pictures will match the actual GUI.
- The Loadmanager will feature an online update feature that will tell you if there is a new version available or not.
- Some code optimizations to have a cleaner source code.

The next version of the Loadmanager will be released when I talked to SibWings regarding the update feature but I do not know when they reply.
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 09 Feb 2014, 00:06

Ok An-2 lovers, the new version (V 1.0.2.0) of the An-2 Loadmanager is released and there are a few more optimizations than announced! Get it here and tell me what you think of it... :)

cheers and again a big thank you to Alex and the whole SibWings Team!
Kevin
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 25 Apr 2014, 14:33

I do not know how much this is needed, but I just wanted to ask: What would you say if Loadmanager uses the actual exchange rates for switching between US Dollars and Euros? (Until now it uses the course of July 2013)? This would be implemented like this: if you start the An-2 Loadmanager it will check if you are connected to the internet. If yes it opens this site in the background and gets the actual exchange rate which it then takes to calculate the cost of your flight. What do you think of this idea? Good or not good?
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 20 Aug 2014, 02:35

And finally the An-2 Loadmanager V 1.0.3.0 has been released. First of all sorry for the late release but I had not much time in the past due to real life problems. With every version I release I find a lot of old mistakes I do and due to this in this version there are quite a lot of changes in the code, in the manner of how the application works and interacts with you. I tested everything as much as possible and if there are any glitches please report them. Hope you like it and as always: enjoy!
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 17 Sep 2016, 16:06

I added the SibWings An-2 Loadmanager now to the forum own file database. Hope all works well! Please read the lines in the Download section to extract the archive properly!
regards Kevin

gaab

Post by gaab » 27 Jan 2017, 00:31

Hello,

I just discovered and bought the great AN-2. And it is fun !

I discovered also your LoadManager.

Thank you for this nice application, but I have problem !
I am runing on a French System and at startup I get a string conversion (1.0686) to Double invalid. If I change to English in the regionnal setting, works Ok. But not very easy for a non english system...

BTW, it seems to have no impact on the behavior of the program and transfert of payload to FSX works fine...
So...

Gérard

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 27 Jan 2017, 01:02

Hi,
yes, this was a problem with the way the application calculates values. I will add this to the known bug list, but I suspect that I will not put a new version online, due to the age of the application. But I may check when I have time, but this will not be in the coming months to very high workload I have.
regards Kevin

gaab

Post by gaab » 27 Jan 2017, 03:02

Thanks for your answer.

What are the calculations involved ? And what are the consequences if I keep my native language ?
Aknowledging the error and continuing the application, it seems to work fine ???

Gérard

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 27 Jan 2017, 03:33

Usually nothing. The error comes due to the fact that there are commas "," and points "." for decimal numbers. And on several systems this might then give an error. I for example am running a german OS and I never had that issue. So it seems to really depend on the regional settings although I am asking myself why the french and german regional settings are so distinguishing.
regards Kevin

gaab

Post by gaab » 27 Jan 2017, 03:42

I know the point versus comma regional setting story. A lot of SDK programs need to change the regional settings...

I was wondering what kind of calculations are made at startup and what impact the exception may have after on the results of the program.

Gérard

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 27 Jan 2017, 03:46

Oh this is far on a very little corner of my brain. Usually at startup the whole calculation process will be initialized and all values are declined. It can be that this error comes from the current exchange rate which the application gets via internet. Maybe change once your currency and the problem can be gone.
regards Kevin

gaab

Post by gaab » 27 Jan 2017, 04:00

Ok.

I see that the exchange rate in the options with english settings correspond to the value which creates the exception...

Changing the currency does not solve the problem, but knowing that I can quielty ignore the exception is ok for me.

Thanks for the clarifications. Is there a way to disable the Internet access ?

Gérard

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 27 Jan 2017, 13:00

No sorry. At that time no one ever asked for such a function, so I never implemented it. The application just gets the current exchange rate USD/EUR and extracts that rate out of a html-file. Nothing more.
regards Kevin

gaab

Post by gaab » 28 Jan 2017, 03:43

Hello,

I solved the exception issue by blocking the output internet acces of the LoadManager with the Firewall ;)
Ok, the exchange rate is not up to date, but, frankly, I don't care.

Thanks for your infos which allowed me to find this trick :)

Gérard

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 28 Jan 2017, 14:08

You are welcome! Hope you have fun with the application :)
regards Kevin