Antonov An-2 Loadmanager

Springbok

Antonov An-2 Loadmanager

Post by Springbok » 07 Jun 2013, 15:43

Welcome guys,

here is the official thread about the SibWings Antonov 2 Loadmanager. I have done this loadmanager due to the challenge it is so if I did a mistake and you find any problems and/or erros please forgive me and report me them here in this thread in order that I can fix them as soon as possible.

As you read, this is the Loadmanager of the SibWings An-2 and the aim of this application is to add fuel, oil & payload to the An-2.
GUI Main.jpg
GUI Main.jpg (315.29 KiB) Viewed 4084 times
Please read the following SibWings Antonov 2 Loadmanager Manual.pdf for anything about this application:
SibWings Antonov 2 Loadmanager Manual.pdf
(732.51 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Known bugs:
- if you have a non-english OS, there might be problems due to conversion of numbers. This should however not influence what the application does.

Planned for future versions:
- nothing, if you have a suggestion, feel free to post it in this topic!

Download SibWings Antonov 2 Loadmanager V 1.0.3.0:
Due to the fact that the SibWings developers do not reply me, I am forced to upload the Loadmanger application (a .dll and a .exe file) as a .pdf file. Download that file, change the filename for example to "Loadmanager.zip" (without the "") and then extract the archive like usual.
An-2LoadmanagerArchiveTHISISNOTAPDFFILE.pdf
(480.09 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
I hope you all enjoy this loadmanager and I hope it works as nice as it was created for.
Last edited by Springbok on 27 Jan 2017, 01:05, edited 26 times in total.
regards Kevin

snave

Re: An-2 Loadmanager

Post by snave » 07 Jun 2013, 15:55

Nice One!

But does it have to be a live link with FSUIPC and FSX running? These are simply writing to the FSX.cfg so values could also be written before starting the sim?

If it does have to be a live link how does one access it from within FSX? Is it in a dropdown menu?
Simon Evans

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 07 Jun 2013, 16:06

Sorry but I do not really understand what you mean with "live link". Start FSX and load the An-2 for example in KSEA. Then start the SibWings An-2 LoadManager.exe and then add what you want. When you are finished click on Save button and then data will be send via FSUIPC to FSX. No other user interaction required!

The first versions of the loadmanager always saved the data to the .cfg's, however this is not well since this can cause a lot of problems, so I choosed the way via FSUIPC.
regards Kevin

pivo11

Post by pivo11 » 07 Jun 2013, 16:42

Thank you very much for this! Is it possible to change fuel load with this?

Cheers,
Fritz

xxl

Post by xxl » 07 Jun 2013, 16:57

Thank :)

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 07 Jun 2013, 18:20

pivo11 wrote:Thank you very much for this! Is it possible to change fuel load with this?

Cheers,
Fritz
Yes, fuel-, passenger-, and cargoload :)
regards Kevin

pivo11

Post by pivo11 » 07 Jun 2013, 18:54

Brilliant! Thanks much.

Cheers,
Fritz

WarHorse47

Post by WarHorse47 » 07 Jun 2013, 19:10

Could you clarify where the files should be extracted? The loadmaster functions external to the FSX folders, I assume but wanted to clarify.

And would it be possible to post a screenshot of the loadmaster screen?

Thank you.

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 07 Jun 2013, 21:18

Yes it can be placed anywhere on your PC (only exception would be C:\ if I am not mistaken).

I will do a fully ReadMe for it, but as I am on a little holiday I am not able to do a screenshot of the application since it does not run on my iPad. I will do this for sure when I am back at home.
regards Kevin

AaronMyers

Post by AaronMyers » 08 Jun 2013, 09:56

Very cool, thank you!

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 08 Jun 2013, 17:05

Kevin! Please don't interrupt your holiday (I think I had one of those once, LOL) ... but I've spotted a couple of possible bugs for you to get your teeth into when you get back!

1) The LM doesn't seem to clear any existing values in fuel/weight first, so you sometimes get some unbelievably fat passengers! Needless to say, the whole aircraft is then hopelessly over-weight ;). I tend to run it once to zero/clear all [old] values then again to get the new ones.

2) Though you can enter values in the last field (via the up/down arrows), I can't seem to be able to edit the passenger count fields etc. I have to re-run "random" till I get something more or less near what I'd like.

I think it's a great little tool ... many thanks!!!

Adam.

Springbok

Re: Antonov An-2 Loadmanager

Post by Springbok » 08 Jun 2013, 17:32

Thank you Adam for your input. Can you just explain me a bit more about point 1) please? Do you mean to clear the values in the LM itself or in FSX?
When I am back at home I will check all that again.

2) if you want to add passengers, simply click on their seats (those boxes). The number of passengers you see is simply a counter and has no other functionality. As said before, I need to do that ReadMe, but it will be done (hopefully) soon.
regards Kevin

Adamski_NZ

Post by Adamski_NZ » 09 Jun 2013, 13:11

Springbok wrote:Thank you Adam for your input. Can you just explain me a bit more about point 1) please? Do you mean to clear the values in the LM itself or in FSX?
When I am back at home I will check all that again.

2) if you want to add passengers, simply click on their seats (those boxes). The number of passengers you see is simply a counter and has no other functionality. As said before, I need to do that ReadMe, but it will be done (hopefully) soon.
Hi Kevin. I'm not at my FSX machine right now (either!) ... but:

Point 1) : It appears to not clear/reset to zero any existing values that have been placed there previously (via the LM or directly in FSX). It appears to *add* them. Maybe this only happens when using the "random" method. Will check.

Point 2) : I didn't realise those boxes were clickable, LOL!!!

Adam.

Elias

Post by Elias » 09 Jun 2013, 14:32

Hi Kevin & Adam,

The load manager works ok for passengers and fuel, but the load section needs some refinement.

What happens now is that the number entered in the load section is multiplied by 2.2 (when you click save) and loads each empty seat, (regardless if you use kg or lbs).

Example:
Default loading: Fuel 1896lbs
2 crew x190lbs
12 pax x190lbs
oil 110lbs
Load manager set: fuel 600lbs
2 crew x190lbs
2 pax x190lbs
load 20
when saved in FS: fuel 600lbs
2 crew x190lbs
2 pax x190lbs
10pax x44lbs
oil 120lbs

So, if you want to load 500 lbs of cargo you should divide by empty seats, then divide the result by 2.2 and enter it in the load entry of the manager. Use this method until Kevin makes a correction :)

Another small bug is that the manager does not save your kg or lbs preference.

Besides that the manager is a very nice and handy tool.
I would like to have a graphical representation of CoG and MAC on the schematic if possible.

Best regards,
Last edited by Elias on 09 Jun 2013, 18:17, edited 1 time in total.
Elias

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 09 Jun 2013, 17:18

@Adam and Elias
Thanks for your input, I will check this as soon as I am at home. The oil is set every time to 120lbs since it is not "cool" (in the real meaning of the word) for the engine to not have not enough with you. In addition this should always be 120lbs in order to avoid problems in flight with oil, so the Loadmanager sets this value automatically to 120lbs.
The thing with the false calculating I will rework as soon as possible.
About the preference being saved I thought it is not needed to implement this in order to have a "much" smaller/nicer application which does not save something to your hard disk or your registry, but I will add this then to the list.
The representation of MAC and CoG I started already with, but I was not sure if that is really needed so I left that idea again, however I will implement it then again, just give me a bit of time.

Sorry that it still has such bugs/errors, I try to fix them as soon as I am at home (This is on Monday!) and thanks for reporting them.
regards Kevin

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 11 Jun 2013, 01:07

Back at home today and directly fixed the Loadmanager. Please redownload the archive again! Change log is in the SibWings Antonov 2 Loadmanager.pdf.
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 11 Jun 2013, 01:51

Hi

Im getting this error when trying to connect the load manager

un handled exception error

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'FSUIPCClient, Version=2.3.4779.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'FSUIPCClient, Version=2.3.4779.5, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7e7559b53e380b17'
at Anna_Loadmanager.SibWings_An2_LM_Main.张䢶垚࿗퇛䩟�ꗵ()
at Anna_Loadmanager.SibWings_An2_LM_Main.⼙︱뮊驮ꨩ罰驑(Object 绗Ἔ遟訌布ܢረ隄, EventArgs 棦❃࿟㧜┑ꊜ䵑)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 11 Jun 2013, 10:45

@zoran:
Can it be that you do not have extracted the 3 files (the .exe, the .dll and the .pdf file) in one and the same folder?
Just check that the .exe and the .dll (at least these two) are in one and the same folder!

That should do the trick.
regards Kevin

zoran

Post by zoran » 11 Jun 2013, 12:38

Thanks Kevin! that worked but 2 things

1. the front page of the website where it says to download the manager does not have a pdf in it. The download section in the forum does have a pdf

2. very bizarre I have 2 screens and I cant see the send to FSX tab at the bottom of the page, its to big and it wont let me resize the page, any suggestions?

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 11 Jun 2013, 12:42

About 1): fixed!
About 2): Yes the application is done for WideScreens. I will check this when I am back at home if I can rearrange the whole Loadmanager.
regards Kevin