Antonov Colt.

JohnMD

Antonov Colt.

Post by JohnMD » 07 Jun 2013, 08:19

it all started off very well with my 1st flights, but I have now deleted the sound file for the ADF indication as I was unable to shut it off, and I also got rid of the smoke effect files as the smoke effects were just way too excessive for this aircraft, rear tail wheel does not work at all, and the flaps won't work either, but apart from those problems, it is a great plane, great detail, hope you will be able to sort these issues out as I see others are having the same problems.

regards

John MD

Springbok

Re: Antonov Colt.

Post by Springbok » 07 Jun 2013, 12:58

Mmh this seems like an installation problem. Try to uninstall the An-2, redownload the installer and then install the An-2 again using explicit Admin rights (right click, then on execute with admin rights). This should do the trick since I had this problem too.
regards Kevin

JohnMD

Post by JohnMD » 08 Jun 2013, 03:13

Kevin

Tried all that, and has made no difference at all, they seem to be inherent model design problems, but I will wait until such time a fix is available, I can still fly it without flaps etc, just annoying that's all

regards

John MD

JohnMD

Post by JohnMD » 08 Jun 2013, 04:21

To the team, I have adjusted the tailwheel setting to 50 in the contacts section in the Aircraft CFG, as suggested by another member and this works perfectly, so that issue is resolved, I also worked out what the problem with the flaps was, and that is because the Flaps Power toggle on the Panel says it is on when you highlight with your cursor, but it isn't on until you actually physically move it into the up position, so that's another lesson learnt, which leaves me now only with the loud ADF indication continual beep, which I removed out of the sound file anyway, and the heavy engine smoke effects which I thought were too thick and heavy, which I also removed, so all in all we have an Aircraft that is now reasonably flyable.

regards

John MD

Springbok

Post by Springbok » 08 Jun 2013, 11:21

Ok that is interesting John! Thanks for your investigation. Can you please just show us what you mean by a too much smoke effect? That would be awesome.
regards Kevin

snave

Post by snave » 08 Jun 2013, 11:31

As others have no problems with the flaps or the smoke, it suggest you ain't flyin' it right, John.

Perhaps some screenshots or a video might enable others to assist?
Simon Evans

Timbo

Post by Timbo » 08 Jun 2013, 11:42

I also have a little issue with the amount of smoke, have been experiencing a FPS drop to 4-5 when suffering from heavy smoke while on the ground, if there is something that can be tweaked to reduce the 'amount' of smoke a little it would be great - that would be my one and only minor complaint!

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 08 Jun 2013, 12:18

Smoke from the engine is generated depending on CHT. This is not a plane that you throttle forward and just fly. Care is needed on the CHT and oil temperature. The "green" range of CHT is 150-215°C and "orange" is 215-245°C. Reduce RPM and MAP right after gotten airborne and increase speed to 140 km/h for climb with flaps up. More can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1132
Happy flying!
Alexander