Some issues and some questions

STK

Some issues and some questions

Post by STK » 07 Jun 2013, 03:20

Hello SibWings Team,

Overall, this is an absolutely excellent addon. However, I did encounter a couple issues, and I have a few other questions as well....

Issue 1: It seems like there is an aircraft "ground shadow" modeled into the addon. I am wondering if it can be disabled, or adjusted. Currently the shadow hovers slightly above the ground, and you can see the shading differential on the wheels. See this link for an image for the main wheels: Image
Note, I also have FSX's default aircraft shadows on, but the modeled shadow effect is still plainly viewable on the wheels halfway between the lower portion of the hub and the outside tread. It's also exhibits this effect on the tail wheel.

Issue 2: This may be new-user operator error, but I cannot seem to change the ADF mode functionality, nor can I adjust/mute the volume of the morse-code output.

Issue 3: The flywheel sound seems to skip when the flywheel is fully spun up, rather than have a constant spinning "tone".

Other miscellaneous (non-bug) questions:

1. The lack of pneumatic air pressure (using knob on the left side of the cockpit) seems to have no affect. Is the knob and corresponding gauge functionality just for show?

2. Is it possible in a future update to introduce a transponder to the virtual cockpit? Additionally, possibly a modeled GPS in addition to the pop-up functionality? See the following web page (and click on the picture of the cockpit) to see a possible setup for the Transponder and GPS arrangement: http://classic-antonow.de/an2.html
The transponder would at least allow for flight into controlled airspace.

3. Do you believe that a non-English cockpit will make an appearance in the future? I know that an English-language VC probably attracted more Western users to the aircraft, but having alternative options in the future would be a nice consideration.

Again, this remains as an excellent addon, and I'll look forward to future updates!

Thank you.

sieggie

Re: Some issues and some questions

Post by sieggie » 07 Jun 2013, 05:05

The Ident definitely cannot be turned off using the knob on the ADF or using windows key commands to silence it. Since this aircraft only has NDB nav this really is annoying and must be fixed.

I have also noticed that even a slight bounce of the tail wheel will put the tail of the aircraft into the ground. Seem a tad to sensitive to tail bounce.

Dave

alehead

Post by alehead » 07 Jun 2013, 15:57

Top addon... love it...

Just to confirm:
Issue 3 I have seen too...

A

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 07 Jun 2013, 21:51

Hello! Uff.. step by step:
STK wrote: Issue 1: It seems like there is an aircraft "ground shadow" modeled into the addon. I am wondering if it can be disabled, or adjusted. Currently the shadow hovers slightly above the ground, and you can see the shading differential on the wheels. See this link for an image for the main wheels: Image
Note, I also have FSX's default aircraft shadows on, but the modeled shadow effect is still plainly viewable on the wheels halfway between the lower portion of the hub and the outside tread. It's also exhibits this effect on the tail wheel.
Yes, known bug. That's choice between two bad things, if place it lower it would be flickering with ground which is worse.. I have one idea about it, try to release, then we'll check. I like that shadow in general, makes picture bit more real especially in foggy weather.
STK wrote: Issue 2: This may be new-user operator error, but I cannot seem to change the ADF mode functionality, nor can I adjust/mute the volume of the morse-code output.
Yes, known bug. ADF is connected to default variables now, this forces some limitations, probably we'll redo it. This moment offer you to use it in only mode :)
STK wrote: Issue 3: The flywheel sound seems to skip when the flywheel is fully spun up, rather than have a constant spinning "tone".
Known bug too.. That is limit of technology, start up sound divided into many peaces and last one is looped, and unfortunately we could not to loop it without small-small pause, which is audible anyway... no ideas about this now.
Actually that's about some other sounds in cockpit, wind when windows open, fan... probably we'll find out someday.
STK wrote: Other miscellaneous (non-bug) questions:

1. The lack of pneumatic air pressure (using knob on the left side of the cockpit) seems to have no affect. Is the knob and corresponding gauge functionality just for show?
Pneumatic system in short is - compressor connected to air balloon, which is connected to wheel brakes, that valve is between compressor and balloon, so when you open it air pressure in balloon should rise.
STK wrote: 2. Is it possible in a future update to introduce a transponder to the virtual cockpit? Additionally, possibly a modeled GPS in addition to the pop-up functionality? See the following web page (and click on the picture of the cockpit) to see a possible setup for the Transponder and GPS arrangement: http://classic-antonow.de/an2.html
The transponder would at least allow for flight into controlled airspace.
Sure it is possible :)
STK wrote: 3. Do you believe that a non-English cockpit will make an appearance in the future? I know that an English-language VC probably attracted more Western users to the aircraft, but having alternative options in the future would be a nice consideration.
Already answer on some topic here - it's like we took native soviet an-2 and adapt it for you, for English speaking pilots, unfortunately have no money for English gauge set lol :) Probably in future, but can't promise it for sure, too much work really.

Thank you for kind words!
Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 07 Jun 2013, 21:58

Yes, known bug. ADF is connected to default variables now, this forces some limitations, probably we'll redo it. This moment offer you to use it in only mode :)
Is it controlled through an L:value that we can set and clear using an FSUIPC LUA? If so what is the L:value?

Dave

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 07 Jun 2013, 22:25

sieggie wrote:
Is it controlled through an L:value that we can set and clear using an FSUIPC LUA? If so what is the L:value?

Dave
You'll laugh but we never use FSUIPC, should take into account that not everyone have it during the development ;)
What L:value on ADF you actually mean ?

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings