Aircraft textures not displaying

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
nkurun

Aircraft textures not displaying

Post by nkurun » 26 Jan 2011, 00:05

Hi Andrey,

Both the internal and/or external textures of the Birdog often fail to display on my system. Instead, the aircraft and cokpit show up in black or grey. Any ideas what could be causing this? I run FSX on Windows XP Home, on a Q9650 3Ghz quad core processor, OC to 3.6Ghz, with a GTS 450 1 Gb graphics card.

Best wishes,

Robert.

Tigerclaw

Re: Aircraft textures not displaying

Post by Tigerclaw » 26 Jan 2011, 02:47

Black textures suggest to me that FSX can't find the textures to load, and that in turn suggests a problem with a "texture.cfg" file being missing from where it should be. I believe that inside the relevant paint folder, there are only so many textures for the paint. The rest of the aircraft textures come from a "common" texture folder, and a file called texture.cfg tells it where to look for that "common" texture folder. It sounds like that file is missing.

Have a look inside the folders for the Bird Dog paints and see if these .cfg files are there. If you find some missing I think it's okay to copy one that is there into a folder where it is missing.

bmd

Post by bmd » 26 Jan 2011, 05:01

Hello,

The problem may be related to a missing texture folder in the following SibWings folder that you should find in the root folder of FsX
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X
The contend of this folder is
SibWings
....BirdDog
.........bin
.........doc
.........sound
.........texture

May be the best solution will be to uninstall and reinstall the Bird Dog in your FsX

Have a good day

Benoit

nkurun

Post by nkurun » 27 Jan 2011, 23:58

I have checked the folders and the texture folders are there, as well as the cfg files. What I can't understand is why/how it is that the textures do display normally sometimes but not other times (the majority of the time, unfortunately).

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 28 Jan 2011, 18:38

Hang in there, Andrey will be along eventually to help you out. I know he's very busy right now, but he'll catch this soon I reckon.

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 02 Feb 2011, 16:39

Sorry guys for delay.

Seems like this cope is not activated.
Can you please take a screen shot of activation window for me ? (Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activation)
Send it to support@sibwings.com.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

nkurun

Post by nkurun » 03 Feb 2011, 00:17

Hi Alex,

I've emailed you the Birdog activation screen, as requested.

Best wishes,

Robert.