VOR / ILS logic?

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
jetjerry

VOR / ILS logic?

Post by jetjerry » 20 Jan 2011, 19:31

I just finished flying the "F" model attempting VOR tracking and two ILS approaches.
*The logic programed into the unit seems all messed up to me.
At times the VOR head would show 30 degrees and the radial being tracked was 155 degrees.
During two ILS approaches the aircraft was always positioned to the right of the LOC when the needle was centered (different airports).
There is no "TO/FROM" indication on the instrument...if there should be.

I recently re-installed the BD after about a year. These problems, as I recall, were even worse back then.
This airplane has been our for some time now. Is there any chance these VOR/ILS issues will ever be fixed?

Thank you,

Jerry

mattnoakes

Re: VOR / ILS logic?

Post by mattnoakes » 18 Apr 2011, 04:34

Hello to all! Unfortunately I am having the same problem with the VOR/ILS logic.The course indication set in the OBS does not match the radial being tracked.OBS not working properly for VOR or ILS frequency's. This is still a great plane and a fix for this VOR/ILS issue would be great.Thank you Sibwings and sincerely,Matt.

Dieter

Re: VOR / ILS logic?

Post by Dieter » 18 Apr 2011, 12:46

This problem is part the provided BirdDog software, so everybody who bought this aircraft has this error.
I'm afraid you'll will get no solution here :!: :?:
(See my posting:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=955
and the many answers :(

Dieter