Missing VC and black rectangle wings

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
andrewrambo

Missing VC and black rectangle wings

Post by andrewrambo » 28 Dec 2010, 01:27

I installed the Bird dog and the installation was great. but when i go in to fly the plane First i have had multiple FSX fatal errors trying to load the plane. but when i installed the new Guages dll the plane had loaded but upon entering the game to fly it is when i loose the Virtual cockpit and the wings are a big black rectangle. please help me fix this problem
Last edited by andrewrambo on 28 Dec 2010, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Attwood

Re: Missing VA and black rectangle wings

Post by Ron Attwood » 28 Dec 2010, 02:55

You'll probably need to provide some information like: What video card, CPU, RAM etc. What was the error? You can find out by looking in Start\All programs\Admin tools\Event viewer. Click on 'Application Errors' and you'll see lots of red icons. The top ones are the latest. Find one with a date/time stamp for the time you had a crash. There you'll see a lot of info that will enable someone to help.

I'm guessing this is a video problem not a BirdDog problem.
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

andrewrambo

Re: Missing VA and black rectangle wings

Post by andrewrambo » 28 Dec 2010, 04:06

well it is like it thinks i did not register it. i dont have a VC and the wing is a big black rectangle.
my computer is a

Dell
Inspiron I1720
Intel(R) core(TM) Duo CPU T8300 @2.40 GHz 2.40 GHz
memery(RAM) 4.00GM
32-bit operating system

pj_3

Re: Missing VC and black rectangle wings

Post by pj_3 » 28 Dec 2010, 04:18

... and you're running FSX SP?
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 28 Dec 2010, 13:17

Hello Andrew.
What gauges.dll you have installed ?
Installed on our website now contain all updates and you don't need to install any updates manually.
And also please check your activation (Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activaton).
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

andrewrambo

Post by andrewrambo » 29 Dec 2010, 03:35

Ok. I fixed the problem. what i did was i got rid of all administrator settings and i turned off the SP 2 thing and then i re-installed it and it is running correctly now. Thanks for the help everybody

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 11 Apr 2011, 08:29

I am having the exact same problem. I installed the latest version of the software 1.02 over top of an old installation. It detected my registration automatically. I now have no VC and black rectangle wings. FSX compatibility is OFF and set to run as admin.

Please help!

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 11 Apr 2011, 09:17

Hi timmonst, what is your OS version ?
Can you please try full remove and re-installation ?
Also your screenshots of this issue will be helpful.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 11 Apr 2011, 18:30

Hi Alex,

what is your OS version ? Win 7 64bit

Can you please try full remove and re-installation ? I did try this, no joy, problem still persist.

Also your screenshots of this issue will be helpful. Please see below.

thanks,
Tim
Last edited by timmonst on 16 Apr 2011, 08:17, edited 1 time in total.

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 12 Apr 2011, 17:36

[quote="alicedong"]Click on 'Application Errors' and you'll see lots of red icons. The top ones are the latest. Find one with a date/time stamp for the time you had a crash. There you'll see a lot of info that will enable someone to help.

Appreciate the help Alice but the plane is not causing a crash, it just does not have a VC and the wing is a black rectangle.

-Tim

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 12 Apr 2011, 17:46

Tim,

I don't believe Alicedong is responding to your request for help. It is a Spammer that will hopefully be removed from access shortly.

Is this the only model that does this or do all of the models have the non existent wing textures? If it is only this plane maybe the texture dds file is missing from the particular texture folder for this model.

Dave

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 13 Apr 2011, 04:20

Dave,

Yes the problem is across all liveries.

Tim

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 13 Apr 2011, 14:03

Seems like you have not activation version of BirdDog.
Can you try run Activation program and send me screenshot at support@sibwings.com ?
Activation program you can find by Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activation menu.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 13 Apr 2011, 17:53

Alex,

Just sent the screen cap to you of my activation screen. Like I stated earlier even when I do a full uninstall the activation data remains in my computer and does not require re-entry when I reinstall the Birddog. Is there a way to purge this data and start completely fresh?

thanks,
Tim

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 15 Apr 2011, 17:34

Any word on a solution Alex?

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 15 Apr 2011, 17:55

sorry for quite.

I have no idea why this is going.
Please, try to reinstall aircraft with manual remove FSX\Gauges\birddog.dll file. Hope solution in this.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 16 Apr 2011, 08:14

Thanks Alex, anyone else have any ideas? I've tried uninstall, reinstall, and even went into fsx.cfg and removed two entries that referenced birddog.gau.
Attachments
birdog.jpg
birdog.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 8183 times

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 18 Apr 2011, 14:49

I may be way off base here, but have you by any chance done the Bufferpools tweak?

I set this too high the other day, and it caused me similar problems with the BirdDog. I didn't have the black wings, but I was looking at your wheels, and that was similar to mine amongst other things. If you have done it, reduce the value of Poolsize and see if that cures the problem. It's a long shot but as I said it just happened to me, and I cured it now :)

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 29 Apr 2011, 10:14

timmonst wrote:Thanks Alex, anyone else have any ideas? I've tried uninstall, reinstall, and even went into fsx.cfg and removed two entries that referenced birddog.gau.
Seems like your "Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges\birddog.dll" file doesn't work or this file is broken.
Please, try to replace this file by the new one: birddog.dll
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

timmonst

Post by timmonst » 11 May 2011, 03:55

Alex,

Today I decided to attempt to reinstall the Birddog to try the fix you recommended. Amazingly the VC and wing came up without issue. I am once again enjoying this excellent aircraft. The only thing I can think is that a reboot was required between uninstalling and reinstalling to flush FSX.

Many thanks,
Tim