Any fix for ADF needle?

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
billhuntsman

Any fix for ADF needle?

Post by billhuntsman » 02 Dec 2010, 21:40

Hello,

I posted this in the general discussion quite a while ago, but nobody has responded so I am reposting here.

I bought the Bird Dog after the update and it's become my favorite single-engine plane to fly in FSX. The one issue I have is the behavior of the ADF needle. Frequently, the gauge appears to lose the signal and the arrow becomes vertical with the arrowhead pointing to the bottom of the gauge. In a minute or so the arrowhead will go back and the needle will point towards the station. This happens even in situations where I am at an altitude where hills should not obstruct the signal and just recently happened when I was almost on top of the NDB. All other gauges behave fine. Is there any fix for this ADF gauge? Thanks.

Bill

Private messageE-mail billhuntsman

Ron Attwood

Re: Any fix for ADF needle?

Post by Ron Attwood » 02 Dec 2010, 23:30

I'm not sure how helpful this is but it's my best shot. Orbx forum discussion about BirdDog or Scout. During the thread the subject of ADF behaviour came up.

BirdDog won btw. :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.