Open door policy, so to say...

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
albertsch

Open door policy, so to say...

Post by albertsch » 12 Sep 2010, 19:06

Just installed your brilliant O-1, which I cannot avoid calling an L-19 -- couldn't even in the late sixties, but no matter. Great model. Very accurate from my limited flight today -- just around the circuit for a few touch-n-goes.

One issue seems odd, however. I have a closed door from the inside, but the outside views show the door open. If I close it outside, it is open inside. Sort of like that old Red Skelton bit when he tried to chuck the bit of paper away and kept sticking to his fingers. The open door does not seem to affect the flight characteristics of the model, as I assure you it would definitely do were you to hold that door open in the real-world a/c.

Anyone else noticed this problem, or am I unique?

Tigerclaw

Re: Open door policy, so to say...

Post by Tigerclaw » 13 Sep 2010, 01:02

Nope haven't noticed this at all. Have you tried the FSX "Refuel and Repair" function to see if it sorts it out? If you haven't got a key bound to the command, temporarily bind one to check if it solves the problem. Maybe it will help who knows :)

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Open door policy, so to say...

Post by Andrey » 13 Sep 2010, 01:50

albertsch wrote:J
One issue seems odd, however. I have a closed door from the inside, but the outside views show the door open.
Anyone else noticed this problem, or am I unique?
I did :) And very surprise that so long was no notice about it from testers and customers.

Will be fixed to next update. Can't talk about date now.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings