I know I'm...

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
Birddog53650

I know I'm...

Post by Birddog53650 » 15 Jun 2010, 07:48

not the first to ask... but it doesn't seem like anyone's been getting any answers. It's been 6 months and still no update.... are we making any progress on this at all?! Can someone from sibwings give an estimate as to when we'll finally see it? I've had the birdie grounded for far too long now, and would love to get her back in the air, but until the patch comes and the flight model is adjusted I just can't fully enjoy it. Thanks for any info.

pj_3

Re: I know I'm...

Post by pj_3 » 15 Jun 2010, 18:12

Hi 650... I've been involved - just as a tester - and will tell you that I believe Sibwings is now satisfied with the FD, as of the first week of June. Alexander has done a pretty good job of ironing out it's shortcomings, and so it now flies as one might expect - certainly satisfying at least one r/w operational pilot. At that time there were (approximately) 10 functional abnormalities that needed fixing, such as the carb heat control being backwards: the left/right fuel tank fuel lever is also backwards, flap motor noise out of sync with the pointer and flap, plus a few other things. I also believe that release is very close now - days - rather than weeks. I hope it's soon personally, as, besides wanting to enjoy this remarkable little aeroplane myself - I also dislike feeling that I am obligated to field questions that are the responsibility of the devs.

Regards,
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 15 Jun 2010, 18:31

pj_3 wrote: I also dislike feeling that I am obligated to field questions that are the responsibility of the devs.

Regards,
Indeed.
As a tester you presumably are in touch with them on a fairly regular basis. Put a flea in their ear! I've been waiting for an answer(any answer) to an issue I have with the Safir and nothing from them. It smacks of rudeness, quite honestly.

Best stop now, I feel like I'm on a roll! :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 15 Jun 2010, 20:17

No, Ron - no feedback at all: I've exchanged lots of emails with Alexander, getting input on this or that vi a vis the FDx: but regarding the other discrepancies that need attention, or any feedback regarding the progress of those fixes - no, nothing. It was tentatively set for release last weekend, but I guess there were a couple of things that prevented that.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 17 Jun 2010, 20:47

The people that were on their way to Moscow are back. I've told them there's nothing to see here so move on. Didn't like the way they looked at me! :cry:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 17 Jun 2010, 23:04

... just tell them to hang around for another few days, Ron. We may need them. There's still a heavy silence here.. :wink:
Paul J

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 18 Jun 2010, 00:05

...well I'll try, but I don't fancy getting my head kicked in! :smt021