Birddog Flight model

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
Rollpap

Birddog Flight model

Post by Rollpap » 29 Mar 2010, 08:57

Hi
I buy the Birddog in december.
Like many flightsimmer , i have big problems with totally unrealistic take off and landing , with brutal groundloop...or waterloop !....
i am experienced flightsimmer .I take my Birddog in my hangar an wait on an update....
Last week , i upgrade my pc with Window 7 64...I réinstall my FSX , my Birddog and there.....perfect !!!
No more problem with flight model (all réalistic setting full right) , i can take off and landing very short (stol) , with or witout crosswind , with or witout flaps , with brake holding and full throotle...it is not easy (really realistic) , but i can hold the aircraft with the rudder (totally impossible before)...Very good bushplane , one of the best for FSX
Perhaps is the problem there ?
Another thing...with Windows seven 64 , i have double of FPS (50 to 70 ore more in Tongass Fjord) than with XP 32 sp2 , with very hard FSX settings...
Perhaps that can help the developper for the update...the flight model is , at this time and with windows 7 64 , very good , very réalistic
The problems with the radios and adf setting are not resolved...
Sorry for my bad english
Best regards from France
Phil

ericdfsx

Re: Birddog Flight model

Post by ericdfsx » 30 Mar 2010, 18:22

hi phil,
iù totally newbie and i bought this wonderful plane ,i saw that you are french ,as me ,i have a little problem ,but maybe it s me ,i don t know why ,when i try to stable the plane ,it always take the right direction,and don t stay in the line ,i have to hold a little bit to the left to get back in line do u see what i mean ?does anybody tell me if its normal or not ?? or my joystick is out , thx
Phil je suis français mais je devais ecrire en anglais ,j ai un probleme avec le bird dog ,en fait l avion tire toujours sur la droite,je ne sais pas si il y a un pas d helice a regler et surtout ou il se trouve,maintenant tout ca est peut etre normal ,ou cela vient de mon joystick,a ton avis phil??,moi je suis completement newbie,mais un peu d aide seras la bienvenue,merci...

ericdfsx

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 30 Mar 2010, 18:59

Hello everyone!

Again if you are have any thoughts, claim about flight dynamic files, please write about your flight experience, and are you ready to test update or not.

We shown our model to real pilots, real BirdDog pilots, who have experience in FSX, of course they didn't say "wow I feel like again in Korea", but anyway they didn't say it's horribly unrealistic. Btw, one of them find our model landing very real and espetiolly appoint this in review ("three points landing" you should know)

Now one good guy agree to help us with air files, he is real pilot and have experience in air files editing, so please stay calm, if feel that you can and want to test new files, please, write private message to me.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

ericdfsx

Post by ericdfsx » 30 Mar 2010, 20:43

im very calm andrey don t worry,its just that i don t know if it s the flifgt model or my joystick,it was a very simple question as i tell ,i am totally newbie :grin:

andrey looks like andré ,a french first name .thx for answering

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 30 Mar 2010, 21:13

ericdfsx wrote: andrey looks like andré ,a french first name .thx for answering
I do believe that yes, same name :) Thank you :)

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Rollpap

Post by Rollpap » 31 Mar 2010, 10:10

Hi Andrey
Sorry , i have difficult with english speaking and writing..
I do not agress you, instead I try to tell you the problems I had...
I'm a simflyer since FS95 , with thousand of hours...and fly a little bit in real life .
At the first time y install the Birddog , with XP 32 sp2 , the aircraft was practically uncontrollable at take off and landing (i read on this forum i'm not the only one...), with brutal grounloops (same problem with the amphibian) , impossible to hold even with full rudder !
Since i réinstall FSX and my Birddog (thank's for fast support to réinstall) with Windows 7 64 , the flight model is very good and i feel réalistic and the Birddog is my favorite plane for bushflying. I dont understant why (new and clean FSX or Win 7 64 ) but it is...
The VOR and ADF does not work correctly , i install the defaut radios from FSX to see and the radios give not the same frequency on the défaut radios and on the Birddog radios.

Salut André
Il est tout a fait normal qu'un avion à hélice tire d'un coté , et surtout lorsqu'il est puissant...il faut le tenir en permanence avec les pédales , ou le rudder trim quand il y en a un .
Si tu ne possède pas de pédales , tu peut oublier de voler avec les règlages de réalisme à fond .Il te faut dans ce cas règler moins difficile dans le menu et cocher les pédales automatiques, mais tu perd énormément en réalisme .Les pédales sont aussi indispensables que le joystick !....et dans la vraie vie , on ne peut controler l'avion sans les pédales qui agissent sur la gouverne de direction.

Phil

Naki

Post by Naki » 08 Apr 2010, 13:30

I also have a problem with the FDE (I thought it was me and poor piloting skills but others are reporting the same thing) ...death spirals into the ground without any warning when approaching stall when taking off or landing and very difficult to stop it ground looping..I'm certainly looking forward to any update.

bmd

Post by bmd » 08 Apr 2010, 15:56

Naki wrote:I also have a problem with the FDE (I thought it was me and poor piloting skills but others are reporting the same thing) ...death spirals into the ground without any warning when approaching stall when taking off or landing and very difficult to stop it ground looping..I'm certainly looking forward to any update.

Hello,

You may find an help in my topic about stall
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=793

Have a good day

Benoit

Naki

Post by Naki » 08 Apr 2010, 16:35

Thanks Beniot I didnt see that - I will give this a go..cheers

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 05 May 2010, 04:34

Gosh - I'm going to argue for leaving it as it is. I've just purchased this sweet little aeroplane and have two circuits with it. Both successful - the second with less flap, as the bottom does drop out from under you. It "feels" nose-heavy. I'm going to dig further, but don't have time right now. It has the most authentic take-off and landing of any aircraft I've flown in the sim world: You simply need to use pedals, give it the "right" amount of opposite rudder when she begins to stray - hold it until the nose is almost back on the centre-line - and then neutralize it. If it goes the other way - do it again. This is how real taildraggers are. FSX aircraft are mostly dumbed-down to allow use of "joy-sticks".
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]