Landing gear

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
pfevrier

Landing gear

Post by pfevrier » 22 Mar 2010, 07:49

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if I was the only one this happens to...
When my plane is on the ground, only the top half of the landing gear sticks out the ground. It's like the plane sank in a little bit. When I am flying the gear displays great. However, when stopped/taxiing/taking off/landing, pretty much the whole time my plane is on the ground, the bottom half of the tires are invisible.
Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Thanks

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Landing gear

Post by Andrey » 22 Mar 2010, 13:13

Hello,

Please make sure check-box "advanced animation" is set on, in FSX preferences.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 12 Jun 2010, 05:12

I'll ask this here because it's landing gear question. My wheels are on fire! Flames, sparks and smoke pour from the tyres! At first I thought I left the handbrake on but there is no handbrake! (not that I could find anyway) I also looked for a 'repair/servicing feature...no luck. I'd appreciate hearing from someone....anyone. :(
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 12 Jun 2010, 16:06

Just to illustrate what I meant.

This has just been ctrl+E started so I've not forgotton to push a button and also it's immediately after launching FSX so nothing I've done on a previous flight in the session

Oh, and the fire goes out once airborne
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 12 Jun 2010, 17:35

Man - you are one hot shot! You could be up there with Tom Cruise! :lol:
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

metzgergva

Post by metzgergva » 12 Jun 2010, 17:46

Hi Ron, this looks like the livery is a non ski version linked to the ski model. When the skis are down you get this on asphalt.
Happy flying!
Alexander

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 12 Jun 2010, 18:40

Wey hey! two responses, one is too cheeky by half and the other comes up with what looks like the answer. :grin: I'll have a poke around. Many thanks. Now get onto my disappearing GPS. :grin:

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 12 Jun 2010, 20:00

Alexander, you were spot on. Raising the 'gear' puts out the fire. but how to overcome this? I'ce looked in all the aircraft.cfgs and they all look to be the same. You can see that the model is ski-less. Got me beat! The weird thing is that when you raise the skis the sound of them being raised plays! :roll:

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 13 Jun 2010, 04:03

Fixed it. :)