Plane disappearing/corrupting randomly

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
bushpilot

Plane disappearing/corrupting randomly

Post by bushpilot » 10 Jan 2010, 02:36

I have this issue which happens really randomly. About the half of the tries to load Bird Dog end up with corrupted aircraft (no VC, engine shuts down etc). Other times it loads well and I can fly it without a hitch. I know it has something to do with copy protection, but my activation went all fine, and reinstall seems to have no effect. Is there a possible solution to this? I noticed there was similar problems reported in Safir support forum

This is the screen I get when installing and activating, so it all seems to be in order
bdreg.jpg
bdreg.jpg (30.82 KiB) Viewed 1449 times

System

WinXP
4GB DDR2
Radeon HD 3850
AMD Athlon 4850E
FSX with SP2

Regards, Pekka

bushpilot

Re: Plane disappearing/corrupting randomly

Post by bushpilot » 12 Jan 2010, 18:06

Okay judging by the lack of answers, corrupting plane is probably considered as a normal behavior.. d'oh...

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 13 Jan 2010, 00:16

We're working on it.
If you don't mind we'll ask you to test a possible solution when it is found.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

bushpilot

Post by bushpilot » 13 Jan 2010, 00:25

Thanks Alex! I'll be happy to test. It's such a great plane, but getting a bit frustrating to constantly be restarting FSX to get it flying properly :)

bushpilot

Post by bushpilot » 27 Jan 2010, 18:58

Ok just to give you guys heads up; I recently updated my firewall to new one (Comodo) and the corrupting of the aircraft has disappeared since. I think my old firewall was blocking FSX or something. Anyways now I can get Bird Dog flying every single time I load it :smt006

Voyager30

Post by Voyager30 » 07 Feb 2010, 20:42

Thanks BushPilot for your feedback.

It's always good with customer feedback when a problem is solved as this can help others in the same situation.
Under testing is it impossible to try all the different combinations om hardware and software installations that occure when the product is released to the public.

Once again - Thanks for the possitive feedback, and good luck with the Bird Dog.

//Gerth