Panel night light on dials

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
teeboy

Panel night light on dials

Post by teeboy » 29 Dec 2009, 23:33

Can anyone tell me if the USAF O-1F model should have red dial lighting at night? The French olive drab and ski versions do, but my USAF model only lights up the switch panel, throttle quadrant and manifold pressure gauge. On the other models all the other dials are lit with red markings at night too.

Can I copy a night texture from one of these models to the USAF one to give the same effect (it seems to be the common flight/ eng gauges that are not lit)?

Nick

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Panel night light on dials

Post by Andrey » 30 Dec 2009, 02:07

Hello Nick!

It should work same way in all versions.
-First of all you need to have night outside (no dusk, not down)
-then you need to have battery on or generator on and engine running.
- clicking on low lamp will turn the red light.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

teeboy

Re: Panel night light on dials

Post by teeboy » 30 Dec 2009, 12:53

Yes, all thats pretty obvious but my problem is that in any of the other models with the panel floods on (the lower ones on each side, NOT the larger flood on the left), ALL the dials, the throttle quadrant and the switch panel light up red - in other words all the white or nearly white dial markings turn RED. In the USAF model only the manifold pressure gauge markings, the switch panel and throttle quadrant light up red - all the other dials remain white or nearly white. There is still the red ambient glow in the cockpit in all of them. I can confirm that by switching models at night.

Funnily enough, if I turn off the engine and the battery (ie no power) then switch on the panel floods as above, the dials all light up red for a second! I wish someone could give me an explanation as to how FSX uses textures to create lighting effects. The only difference I can see in the different models is that the USAF version has a grey panel - they all seem to use the same textures for night in the sibwings folder - is this correct?

Very confusing..