Radio power and fuel cock problems

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
teeboy

Radio power and fuel cock problems

Post by teeboy » 28 Dec 2009, 14:56

Further to the posts on radio frequencies and master switches, I cannot get the radio set in the 0-1F (USAF model) to go out with everything off in the cockpit. The battery switch does not have any effect - it is powered all the time. The on/off knob on the radio set has no effect either. Funnily they all seem to work in the other variants.

Also I cannot get the fuel selector/cock lever to go to off - will switch between main and aux no problem, but off - it seems to hesitate at that position then flips to one of the others. Just me or is there a knack?

Oh yes, on the French (olive drab) model the trim indicator looks very strange - the yellow indicator is in a very strange position, as if its hovering in mid air above the rest of the indicator itself. I dont see this on the other models.

Still great fun to fly though - island hopping around Tahiti X is a laugh, especially as the VOR has a mind of its own - see other posts re course settings. I have noticed it nearly working properly once or twice, but the rest of the time the course dialled in bears no relation to what you are flying. Very peculiar..

Nick.

teeboy

Re: Radio power and fuel cock problems

Post by teeboy » 30 Dec 2009, 23:07

I may have solved my fuel cock problems - I can get it to the 'OFF' position by left OR right clicking depending on whether its currently on main or aux tank. I can live with it :)

The french model trim indicator looks like its too small in the VC compared to the other models. The yellow indicator is in the same place as on the USAF O1-F model for instance, but in the french one it floats above it and just looks wierd.

Still cant get that radio to turn off (despite a uninstall, restart PC and re-install).

Despite all the problems already reported on the forum, I am still loving this - its very immersive (due to the great VC) and good fun to fly. Some nice visual treats in the form of the pilots/ add on loads, etc just about make up for my issues (which will hopefully be fixedby an update?).

Now if only we could have an O1-A (fixed prop) with wheels, I'd be made up :grin:

Nick.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 31 Dec 2009, 00:01

teeboy wrote: Now if only we could have an O1-A (fixed prop) with wheels, I'd be made up :grin:
Nick,

Second ask about it, sure we'll do it with update.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

teeboy

Post by teeboy » 31 Dec 2009, 19:34

Andrey,

great news :grin:

Any idea about the radio power? I notice that the electrical section in the cfg for the USAF O1-F is a lot smaller than in the french O1-A. Is this the reason?

Nick.