Broken gyro

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
LPC

Broken gyro

Post by LPC » 28 Dec 2009, 01:32

Is there any way to cage the directional gyro? It only takes a steep dive or bank and the gyro spins uncontrollably. If the real aircraft didn't have that function then fair enough but it doesn't seem to take much to break it and I would have thought it was a little more rugged than that in reality!?

CBris

Re: Broken gyro

Post by CBris » 28 Dec 2009, 01:38

LPC wrote:Is there any way to cage the directional gyro? It only takes a steep dive or bank and the gyro spins uncontrollably. If the real aircraft didn't have that function then fair enough but it doesn't seem to take much to break it and I would have thought it was a little more rugged than that in reality!?
Click the knob
Chris B, aka "Dances with paintbrushes", aka EagleSkinner

All new "EagleSkinner" repaints can be found on my homepage - eagleskinner dot com (rebuild is now in progress)

Drop by my blog sometime
Follow me on Facebook too

LPC

Post by LPC » 28 Dec 2009, 01:58

CBris wrote:
LPC wrote:Is there any way to cage the directional gyro? It only takes a steep dive or bank and the gyro spins uncontrollably. If the real aircraft didn't have that function then fair enough but it doesn't seem to take much to break it and I would have thought it was a little more rugged than that in reality!?
Click the knob
Clicking on the knob doesn't cage the gyro or stop it spinning after a steep bank. In the manual and in the sim it is used for calibration only.

Unless there is another knob?
Last edited by LPC on 28 Dec 2009, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 28 Dec 2009, 19:05

Click the mouse wheel :) Suspect that could help.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

LPC

Post by LPC » 28 Dec 2009, 19:31

Andrey wrote:Click the mouse wheel :) Suspect that could help.

Andrey
Thank you Andrey - the wheel works :grin:

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 23 Nov 2010, 16:35

Sorry to drag up this old thread but I made a delightful discovery the other day. If you forget to lock it and do a roll, roll in the opposite direction and the spinning gyro stops. Then you lock it and then UNlock it and it works again. :grin:
Just thought I'd share that with you. :wink:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 23 Nov 2010, 19:40

Ron,

Thank you for dragging this to the top again. I missed this thead and the Gyro problem has been driving me nuts.

Dave

mos

Post by mos » 26 Nov 2010, 00:00

Andrey wrote:Click the mouse wheel :) Suspect that could help.

Andrey
I have the same problem, and it would be great if you could cake the gyro in the vc (I cant use the the middle mouse button) because:

as I mentioned before (in another topic), I think it's a conflict with the:
EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:/
Product Features:/

((("Enable and disable mouse look mode with the middle mouse button".)))

(and if I "kill" / disable mouse look mode) then some other strange things happens))
(and for me EZdok Camera, is more important, then one F.......................)
But I still want to figure out haw to cage the Gyro, and still have the EZdok Camera.
mos :grin: