custom control and other stearingproblems

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
addi41

custom control and other stearingproblems

Post by addi41 » 27 Dec 2009, 21:44

Hi there,
first of all, congratulation for that fine aircraft. I enjoy it since I had the installroutine behind me.
The only things I miss in the howtodo-managment is:
I can not get to that custom control keys, says it does not happen whenever I make CTRL+SHIFT and add 0 to 5.
I also miss an explanation for how to use the skies..par hazard I found that means the "G" gears up and down.
also I miss any information bout the waterrudder...in my case its CTRL+W..but I cant turn it left-right..
I also miss the game: firing rockets and drop bombs and fix the plane to the ground...
May be I am a little bit to old to read and understand the english language..than I need your help, please.

kind regards
Addi

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: custom control and other stearingproblems

Post by Andrey » 27 Dec 2009, 21:54

Hello Addi
Thank you for kind words first of all.
Ok step by step

-custom control keys should be pressed in VC.
-skies operated same way as default Maule - with G key (As soon as we found info about its lever in reality we add that lever into VC)
-watter-rudded - same as default, if in your sim it's ctrl+w - okay, it turned together with main rudder by pedals.
-to fire rocket make them shows with ctrl+shift+1 then press emergency salvo button.
-to park the plane you should turn engine off and set parking brakes.

Hope it helps,
Have fun flying!

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

addi41

Post by addi41 » 27 Dec 2009, 22:48

Hi Anddrey,
thanks..it works..only the "tidedown" I missed..will it be than CTRL+SHIFT+0..? but that will not work now..
all other works fine (on w7 64)..thanks !!

tahanks espacially for working on sundays foe you customers..!!!!
kind regards
addi

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 27 Dec 2009, 23:27

addi41 wrote:Hi Anddrey,
thanks..it works..only the "tidedown" I missed..
Ok add it into wish-list :) Will provide it with update.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Roger

Post by Roger » 30 Dec 2009, 19:04

I think the custom controls failure must be down to different nationalities keyboards. I can get ordnance and co-pilot to show but not in the sequences shown in the manual. I also can't find a sequence to clear all external ordnance as Ctrl/Shift/0 doesn't do this on my keyboard (English/UK). If anyone has discovered the correct sequence it would be good if they could paste them?
Super aircraft and greatly enjoying flying all the varients!

Roger.

Hank

Post by Hank » 30 Dec 2009, 22:43

Roger, I have the same issue as you have. But when you select ordnance, in the VC above the flap switch another switch will be shown, this will remove the ordnance (airdrop).

Cheers,
Hank

Roger

Post by Roger » 31 Dec 2009, 06:48

Thanks Hank!

speedy70

Post by speedy70 » 01 Jan 2010, 00:10

Hi Andrey
A beautiful peace of work at last,my congratulations and to all those critics I have found with a UK keyboard all the ordnance shows on the commands as in the manual,however the key commands have to be done in the panel view window not exterior or other views.I have found only one obvious fault and have one wish for the wish list.
The engine cowling "hood"(thats american) only opens on the left side when viewed from the panel view in the rescue model.It appears ok in the others.Please could we have a key command for the firing of rockets or dropping bombs as using the mouse with my left hand and the joystick with my right is extremely difficult.Perhaps the"forward slash"spoilers command could be used.
Andrey a personal word of thanks and a compliment.The rescue paint is outstanding.Viewed in 4096 it is the best I have ever seen on a small aircraft,Thank you
I look forward to "THE PATCH" soon!!!!!!
A happy new year to you Regards
Chris Drake

teeboy

Post by teeboy » 02 Jan 2010, 20:46

All the 'custom' controls work in the VC for me EXCEPT the ctrl-shift-0 to remove the fits - it does nothing.

Not a big deal though - if they were fittedfor real, you'd still have the carriage bits left anyway :grin:

Nick.