Black wing and neg VC

All problems and technical questions concerning our Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog are discussed here.
aviationace1

Black wing and neg VC

Post by aviationace1 » 17 Jun 2011, 07:23

Hi,

Got the black wing and no VC klich too. I've done all things that have been mentioned in the forms, no go.......Please send a new v. 1.2 activation and fingerprint e-mail and I'll start from scratch.....

Thanks so much, :wink: aviationace1 Note my new e-mail address

Alex
Site Admin

Re: Black wing and neg VC

Post by Alex » 17 Jun 2011, 09:39

Hi,

Let's check your activation, please send me screenshort of Activation program (Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activation).
Seems like you have not activated BirdDog.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

aviationace1

Post by aviationace1 » 17 Jun 2011, 22:41

Alex,

Found the actavation file but don't know how to attach to this e-mail. The file shows my name and actavation key. (about 60 alpha & digits). I also have a "hard copy" listing my "fingerprint". Will try and send a PM to you with this data.

Thanks,

aviationace1 :roll:

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 21 Jun 2011, 10:13

Sorry for dealy.

Thank you for activation info, but I need your new hardware fingerprint.
Please, check our activation guide: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=679
And send me you new hardware fingerprint (step 4 of our activation guide).

Hardware fingerprint it's unique numbers for every PC and Windows installations.
I can generate activation key only if I know your PC hardware fingerprint.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

aviationace1

Post by aviationace1 » 16 Jul 2011, 21:59

Hi,

Still have my black wing and no panel after many reinstall's and trial and error efforts using suggestions from this form. Also, after loading the O-1 the engine quits and the horizontal stab is missing but elevator's are in place. Still have not received my "fingerprint" :(

sbp

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 17 Jul 2011, 01:30

Hello,

You need to provide us with your hardware fingerprint.
You can get it by run Activation program (Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activation).

After we can provide you with activation key.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

aviationace1

Post by aviationace1 » 18 Jul 2011, 22:58

Alex,

The activation folder for the bird dog is empty. However, on my hard copy receipt my fingerprint is listed as: B3BA-8BA4. Hope this is helpful.

Thanks,

Sidney Perrine

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 19 Jul 2011, 10:55

Ok, please try to reinstall BirdDog in whole and during new installation you'll get activation reqeust. Copy hardware fingerprint from this activatiom request window and send it to me please. (Like it described here on step 4: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=679)
Thanks!
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

aviationace1

Post by aviationace1 » 03 Aug 2011, 05:26

Alex, OK I waited for two weeks and have now, after receiving a new KEY #, redownloaded the L-19. It did NOT seem to activate the product. Your link with my new KEY # and finger print simply downloaded the L-19 directly into my FSX aircraft file then it flashed me my old KEY#. Ran the FSX L-19 and sure enough it had the same old black wing, no panel, engine quit and had no horizontal stab. I have a copy of your activation guide but it never shows the activation steps when I try to open the exe file. The L-19.exe just loads dirctly into FSX aircraft file. Sure hope your not gonna make me wait another two weeks !!

I bought your product back in 2010 and has only been flown for less than a week. The drill is really starting to loose it's charm........lol........ :?

Alex
Site Admin

Post by Alex » 03 Aug 2011, 12:06

Hi Sidney,

It seems we do not understand each other.
I want to help you get BirdDog flying but you need to help me too.
As I can see you have requested 4 activation keys for the same hardware fingerprint.
You shouldn't have to do it. You need to get a new activation key only if your hardware fingerprint was changed and you got window with activation request like this:

I'll try to explain how our activation system works.
1. First you select BirdDog in FSX or run BirdDog Activation programm manually (after installation it should start automatically)
2. Activation system calculate hardware fingerprint (HF) for your PC using some parameters of your hardware like Video Card or CPU or amount of Memory or HDD serial. For every PC and Windows installations hardware fingerprint will be different. Cause of this if you change your hardware or you reinstall Windows your HF will be changed.
3. After activation system calculate HF of your PC they check that you have entered activation key and that activation key is suitable for calculated HF. Activation key also is unique for every HF and it's generated on our server.
4. If activation key is ok, you can fly or you'll get windows with activation details, if no, you'll get window with new HF and activation key request.

Without this activation our .dll file doesn't work, and BirdDog have some black textures, hide some parts and doesn't work all custom systems like sounds and custom keymapping.

Now what we need now:
1. We need to check that you have installed WHOLE BirdDog files.
2. We need to check that you have activated your copy.

For 1. I'll can offer you to download BirdDog installation file from our site again and check size of this file.
Download link: http://sibwings.com/get/birddog.exe and size should be 159141728 bytes (152M)

For 2. you need to run Activation programm manualy from Start->Programs->SibWings->BirdDog->Activation or by running .exe file by this path: FSX\SibWings\BirdDog\bin\init.exe
After this please send me screen shot of Activation window with activation details or with activation request.
Please send it to me via PM or at our support@sibwings.com email.

Also please check that you start FSX or Activation program as Administrator windows user.
Alex Petrochenko
SibWings developer

aviationace1

Post by aviationace1 » 18 Aug 2011, 21:44

Alex,

I'm happy to report my L-19 is fixed. I simply re-downloaded the FSX SP-1 & SP-2 and re- downloaded these service pack's into my FSX......
:grin:

aviationace1

sieggie

Post by sieggie » 18 Aug 2011, 22:14

aviationace1,

You should save yourself lots of future aggravation by getting the FSX Acceleration and forget about the service packs. Most everything coming out for FSX requires it and will eliminate the inevitable headaches you will have with the next addon you acquire. Plus you get the working carriers as a bonus.

Dave