Compare with Addicitive Simulations Pitts?

macw0lf

Compare with Addicitive Simulations Pitts?

Post by macw0lf » 13 Apr 2012, 00:10

Hi all,

Anyone got the Addictive Simulations Pitts S-1? I bought it a while ago and have enjoyed it, but just found this website now, and I would be really keen to try this one and see if it is more realistic. I'm impressed with the attention to detail.

If someone else has comparison experience, i would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks
Stuart

Ron Attwood

Re: Compare with Addicitive Simulations Pitts?

Post by Ron Attwood » 13 Apr 2012, 01:22

Betcha anything you like they'll all tell you the Sibwings Pitts is waaay better. More than that, I reckon the Addictive Simulations forum would say the opposite! :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

macw0lf

Post by macw0lf » 13 Apr 2012, 13:50

Yep, you are probably right, but was hoping that some enthusiasts out there that have both would give an honest review of each one.

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 14 Apr 2012, 01:33

Try AVSIM forum. It's possible there are people with both.
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

Philipp2911

Post by Philipp2911 » 14 Apr 2012, 02:18

Hi !
I have both of them ...And I have to say Sibwings is all in all much better.

Addictive : Pro : Exterior Model , looks more like a used aerobatic plane, textures in some repaints are better
neg : Sounds ..you can think the're recorded with an 70's sound recorder...

Sibwings : Pro : much more Models ( S1,S2), better Support, very good flying characteristics
neg : Sounds , but i think Andrey is working on an update..

SO all in all ..if you want to fly and do aerobatics I would prefer the Sibwings. It can do all manoveurs except inverted spins ;) Hammerhead, Knife Edge Pass, everything is just really good simulated.

Regards Philipp

hews500d

Post by hews500d » 16 Apr 2012, 08:09

I have both and the Sibwings Pitts wins by a LARGE margin in my opinion. Sure the exterior on the Addictive Pitts is nice, but I have never seen a Pitts in real life with an interior like theirs, not to mention the flight dynamics make it next to impossible to fly precisely. Haven't flown it in over a year.

Darrell

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 09 May 2012, 00:38

The Addictive Sims Pitts is the only payware aircraft I have ever deleted from my pc. I have never flown an aircraft which has an FDE as bad as this one has.
It will not Knife-Edge. It is impossible to do any of the looping maneuvers with any kind of precision. I flew it for a month, complaining on their support site. It resulted in platitudes and a modifcation: three aircraft.cfg's - one mild, one medium, and one "scale". None were close to that of the SibWings version - nor that of the IRIS Christen Eagle. Even the Icarus S-2 was better - more "normal" - once the inertia's had been modified.
Never again will I believe a reviewer. Once bitten....
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

OleBoy

Post by OleBoy » 01 Jul 2012, 16:43

I bought the Addictive Pitts S1 when it was released. I painted at a minimum of 30 schemes on it. I think I released maybe 10. It was a great canvas to work (on) with. Very painter friendly.
I'm not about to throw stones in comparison. Although I will say this. A skilled texture artist has the ability to change anything if the model is mapped to accept the changes. And as for the way an aircraft flies, there again, someone with the knowledge of crunching the numbers correctly makes all the difference in the world whether anything flies good, or bad. regardless of who the developer is that modeled it. I guess the point I'm trying to say is that there are very few people skilled in all areas. Like anyone in the flightsim field, they all have specific areas in which they shine. Coders, painters, FDE, modelers, all of them. It's all about who you know (or how much they'll pay) in the industry that dictates who will do what for who, and how much they get for doing it. Or for that matter, IF they have the time for doing anything at all.

Someone skilled in crunching numbers can make a boat anchor fly