Version 1.1

Andrey
Site Admin

Version 1.1

Post by Andrey » 31 Jan 2012, 22:46

Hello everyone!
Glad to inform you we done first serious update of our Pitts S1/S2 product! Which is free for everyone purchase it before, as usual ;)
So:

-Cowls of S2A and S2B corrected.
First, small briefing about difference between S2A and S2B, how to recognize them with first look. S2A have 4-cylinder lycoming engine:
So first of all, its cowl is shorter then S2B's. It have one radiator just on nose and usually have second one on the bottom of the cowl. No cowl flaps and rounded hole for exhaust tubes. Besides "step" border with fuselage for air outcome. And one more small detail - forward up-wing bearings are tilted, not vertical.
S2A:

S2B is powered with 6-cylinder engine, no any radiator on nose, just small air income on the bottom, grills on cowl sides and cowl flap.

Unfortunately we did serious mistake in the release version - cowl of A and B was the same, something in between, but not corrected not for A not for B. In deed, we are had something very similar to S-2A with closed canopy, so probably will add it soon with new repaints.

Now it's okay!

S2A now have 4 cylinder engine as it must be.

S2B now have cowl flap and lever to adjust it. Lever is quite small, but you can use default Shift + Ctrl + C and Shift + Ctrl + V

-Keels of all models are corrected
Pitts has very simple keel profile - it is near flat airfoil. Second mistake we did in release version is incorrect keel (It's very strange to me, but none notice this, or probably don't inform us) Anyway now it's all okay:

-Bolts size fixed.
I found bolts size too large in release, so they are redone.

-Pilot's panel resolution (S2A and S2B) upgrated, needles added into exterior.
S2B main pilot's panel resolution was too poor, besides we got an offer to put needles into exterior. Now only for S2 versions but if you'll like it we'll upgreat S1 too.

-Some small things added\redone

Paint kit now is totally completed (it's four (!) paint kits - separated for each model, be careful, do not miss them)
Paint kit is free, and could be downloaded by anyone, contains separate layers for rivets, seams, details, colors (for S2 I done them in vectors!) and uv layout. Probably could be interesting not only for customers but for FS developers too.
Available here: http://www.sibwings.com/pittsdl.php

Three new liveries:
ZK-RTP

VH-ZZZ

Legendary G-BADY

Btw interesting reading about Rothmans aerobatic team I found here:
http://www.pprune.org/aviation-history- ... thers.html

I'm open for any repaints order! Can't promise to make any you'll ask, but looking for interesting.

How to install:
If you just bought Pitts - no worries - you are already have last version. If you bought Pitts before 30 Jan 2012 do next:
- download http://sibwings.com/get/pitts.exe
- run start\programs\sibwings\Pitts Special\uninstal
- then run downloaded pitts.exe
- NO REACTIVATION needed if you purchase it before.

If not, product page still on the same place:
http://www.sibwings.com/pitts.php

And as the conclusion:
Honestly speaking, I do believe it's most complicated aircraft product on market at this moment (I mean combination of versions and difference between them) In other words it should be two ore even more separated products, but somehow they are all in one pack. It's good for you of course (except the price ;)), but is some difficulties for us, I mean it's hard to improve all version in one moment, updates takes much time. But anyway please feel free to send us your advises for future updates.

Have fun flying our airplanes!

Andrey
SibWings Team.
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Re: Version 1.1

Post by NewBie » 31 Jan 2012, 23:47

Many thanks, Andrey and Team !

Ron Attwood

Post by Ron Attwood » 02 Feb 2012, 17:06

Nice one Andrey. Thanks very much. :grin:
Computer: Black box with a bunch of electrical looking stuff inside. Lots of fans and blue lights and it sits there humming away gently and lets me play games on it.

10lrrp

Post by 10lrrp » 09 Feb 2012, 05:53

thanks for the udate

Andy B.

sangsom

Post by sangsom » 09 Feb 2012, 15:30

You are quick on the trigger. Thank you.

Andrey
Site Admin

Post by Andrey » 09 Feb 2012, 20:07

Hello everyone!

Thank you for thanks ;)
Working on S5-DDD livery I found some more issues on S2 gears, so, is it good or not, but some more updates on its way.
s5.jpg
s5.jpg (443.09 KiB) Viewed 11788 times
Stay turned.
Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings