parking brakes

Everything concerning Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog is discussed here.
Matteo Peru

parking brakes

Post by Matteo Peru » 20 Sep 2010, 21:00

Hi there, does anyone know where the parking brakes lever is (if any...) in the VC
thanks and cheers
Matteo ;-)

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: parking brakes

Post by Andrey » 20 Sep 2010, 21:53

Hello!

No any.. just keys.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 21 Sep 2010, 02:01

I know it's not realistic, but I set up a joystick button. In fact there is nothing from start up to shut down that I need that isn't on the joy stick. I never need to touch the keyboard for normal flight :)

Blackace16

Post by Blackace16 » 21 Sep 2010, 05:28

Hi Tigerclaw,

Actually, I think the way you have your controls set up is much more realistic in terms of the flight experience. Although controls such as flap settings, trim, power, are functional in the simulator, using a mouse is very unrealistic-- and distracting if outside spatial orientation is important with the attitude of the aircraft while making control changes. Like you, I have all of my critical control surface and power functions on the stick -- to include rudder control (twist grip) and trim. About the only time I use the mouse is when I am adjusting the mixture control or the pitch on the prop (O-1F). BTW, I liked your submissions for Andrey's contest. Where did you get the great scenery and what kind of screen capture do you use to get the highly detailed pictures?

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 21 Sep 2010, 19:39

Hi Blackace,

I'm lucky with the controllers I have, it's an X52 Pro + CH Rudder pedals. Mixture, props, carb heat, and throttle all set. Trim, fuel tanks, battery, alternator, lights, fuel pump, flaps all setup. About the only thin that isn't is the Engine primer. Apart from that function, I never usually need to take my hands off the stick :)

Thanks for the comment on my pictures, I don't expect to win, just wanted to get the ball rolling. The scenery is from ORBX FTX. It's their PNW release (Pacific NorthWest America). Brilliant company, brilliant scenery. The only thing I use to capture the pictures is the "V" key. I haven't got any software, or the know how to edit anything. About the only thing I can do is crop any pictures I take. I rarely crop though, I prefer to compose the image how I want to see it. The detail is just FSX with setting set pretty high (all but the autogen). It isn't even a very good system, so I'm very surprised you comment on the detail. Compared to some PNW pictures I've seen, mine are rubbish :lol:

Matteo Peru

Post by Matteo Peru » 22 Sep 2010, 22:38

Thanks everybody, anyway... I guess you have a parking brakes lever in the real Bird Dog... :smt006 Matteo