Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog flight behaviour

Everything concerning Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog is discussed here.
mos

Re: Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog flight behaviour

Post by mos » 11 Jul 2010, 08:21

Thank you !
I got more than on mouse, in fact I got many mice (funny word), -and about what is made from the early morning. until now,
and I have tried them all, (more or less), and I have tried multi-connection, and it's no problem to set up, and assigning the scroll wheel in Logitech SetPoint, but it's still don't work, I'm beginning to think. it's a conflict with the, EZdokCamera:
" http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam " I got, (and that use the middle mouse "button"), so I have to look for another solution, maybe there is a key combination, :?: if not I have to create my own VC "mouse point" (but that's hard work) and then I properly cant use the default Gyro-C.)). :(
mos

PS: The D key works as it supposed to do (reset), but the Gyro is still spinning and cant be stopped (With D) at my system) Heading indicator (reset))).

What is the specific name in FSX "Buttons/Keys assignments, for what the "middle mouse button" do when it "cage", the gyro, if any. :?:

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 11 Jul 2010, 15:02

Hi mos,

"What is the specific name in FSX "Buttons/Keys assignments, for what the "middle mouse button" do when it "cage", the gyro, if any"

That's what I was trying to find last night/the early hours. I couldn't find anything to help sorry.

I didn't know you had other software that uses the middle mouse button, you could be right about a conflict :( Can you by any chance set up this ezdockcam in another way so it doesn't use the mouse button you're trying to use in FSX?

pj_3

Post by pj_3 » 11 Jul 2010, 17:37

Hi Mos; Are you by any chance using FSUIPC? There was a similar problem over at the SibWings BirdDog forum this week:-
Finally I managed to find and fix it. And the problem was in the FSUIPC where the " Use mousewheel for trim " was checked.
I un-checked this choice and all is now OK.
Also, I am using the Logitech MX Revolution, and have this same issue. I reassigned the "press the wheel" to the "D" button using the SetPoint facility, but haven't tried it yet.

Cheers.
Paul J

Water-cooled i7-2600K@4.8gig, ASUS P8P67 B3 DeLuxe; EVGA GTX580; 8gig Corsair Vengeance C8@1600; Win 7-64; TH2G w/3x19" Viewsonic VA926; Homebuilt airliner-style yoke and pedals; 6-pack throttle quadrant; TrackIR5 & EZCA; No blurries.[/font][/size]

Tigerclaw

Post by Tigerclaw » 11 Jul 2010, 18:13

pj_3 wrote:Also, I am using the Logitech MX Revolution, and have this same issue. I reassigned the "press the wheel" to the "D" button using the SetPoint facility, but haven't tried it yet.

Cheers.
This wouldn't actually give the results mos is looking for I'm afraid. The "D" button function appears to work, but doesn't stop the gyro moving. What the middle button does is actually "cage" the gyro so it physically stops moving. As this function on mos' PC isn't working properly, we're trying to "recreate" it in some other way. If you or anyone else knows how to tell FSX that the middle mouse button has been pressed, by using something OTHER than the mouse button, that would be perfect.

mos

Post by mos » 11 Jul 2010, 18:14

Tigerclaw !
I'm working on it, but it's seems to be a hard nut, to brake, maybe, because I got BIG loops in my eyes. :cry:

pj_3 !
No, for now I don't have the payware "FSUIPC", because "one" can do, many of the same thing manually,.
And many of this features is already in my, Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar,:
" http://hardware.gwn.com/reviews/review. ... ougar.html ",
there have its one computer, and softhw. similar to FSUIPC, so FSUIPC, is not the problem in this case. :?
as I mentioned before, :roll: I think it's a conflict with the:
EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) for Microsoft Flight Simulator X:/
Product Features:/

((("Enable and disable mouse look mode with the middle mouse button".))) :wink:

(and if I "kill" / disable mouse look mode) then some other strange things happens))
(and for me EZdok Camera, is more important, then one F.......................) :grin:
But I still want to figure out haw to cage the Gyro, and still have the EZdok Camera.
mos