Aerobatics?

Everything concerning Cessna O-1/L-19 Bird Dog is discussed here.
sg38

Aerobatics?

Post by sg38 » 03 Dec 2009, 19:40

Hi folks,

Looking foward very much to the L-19! (and the Pitts Special even more)
My questions is, as all of the real world counterparts of the sibwing planes are fully aerobatic, do your planes spin and slip ?
I found one unanswered question in the Safir forum about the way too low rudder authority and one review in which it is mentioned that the Sibwings Safir can't be slipped and that it can't spin....
Any delevopers statement concerning the flight models ?

Thank you very much in advance

Bernt

Andrey
Site Admin

Re: Aerobatics?

Post by Andrey » 03 Dec 2009, 20:13

Hello Bernt!

Tell me please what review that was ? That's fact that SW Safir can spin, I check it many times.

For me it's not hard to make spin in FS dynamic, but it's hard to combine realistic pre-stall behavior and realistic spin... We'll do our best, however real Birddog pilot says that Birddog pre-stall looks close to default C172.

Andrey
We are at facebook: facebook.com/sibwings

sg38

Post by sg38 » 03 Dec 2009, 20:25

Hi Andrey,

Thank you for your fast reply :)

>Tell me please what review that was ?
It's the review on simpilots.net.

>That's fact that SW Safir can spin, I check it many times.
:)

>For me it's not hard to make spin in FS dynamic, but it's hard to combine realistic pre-stall behavior and realistic spin
That's confirmed! There are almost no spinning planes with a realistic pre-stall behaviour available!
I'm suprised that you take this behaviour also into account!!!

Thanx again and looking forwards to a release soon.

Best regards

Bernt

Naki

Post by Naki » 05 Dec 2009, 03:42

I didn't say it couldn't spin...what I said was that I couldn't perform accurate spins in the Safir with the set up I had at that time (this was also the FS9 Safir)
Once airborne and everything is cleaned up it is a joy to fly and simple aerobatics like loops, hammerheads and rolls are easy to perform. Stalls are nicely modelled with a pronounced wing drop. I could not do realistic and accurate spins and sideslips as I only posses a twist grip joystick – other users with an appropriate pedal set up reportedly can perform such manoeuvres.
I now have pedals and the FSX Safir so I should give spins a go again :)

sg38

Post by sg38 » 05 Dec 2009, 04:46

There is no difference between rudder pedals and a twist grip joystick which could explain the difference in flight behaviour.
Both offer independent full control surface travel.....

Regards

Bernt

Naki

Post by Naki » 05 Dec 2009, 07:26

Yes I realise that - what I meant is that the twist grip joystick MAY of made it difficult to spin and side slip properly. I couldnt double check with pedals at the time as I didn't have them.

I've gone back to double check to see if I can spin the FS9 Safir properly ...I stand by what I said orginally in my review ..I still can't make it spin properly with my current set up (which is different when I did the review)..however I have also just tried spinning the FSX Safir and it can be spun and it spins very well!.. :grin: in fact it spins better than any aircraft I have experienced in any FS...although I must try the Lotus L-39. :wink:

sg38

Post by sg38 » 05 Dec 2009, 11:52

>I have also just tried spinning the FSX Safir and it can be spun and it spins very well!.. in fact it spins better than any aircraft I have experienced in any FS...

That's GREAT news. Thank you :)

Happy flying

Bernt